How to address challenges of helping fam & friends w health

C.O.

• 1 year later...

I agree with this article. My family is from the south, and they eat about 90% animal products in the diet, just terrible! The only thing that has gotten them to straighten up at all is several strokes in quick succession by different family members. Even then, only the younger generation is really taking diet into consideration. The woes of a comfort food family...

I agree with this article, but I'm a little more extreme in my opinion. Best way is to set an example and let the smart ones follow and the ignorant die. I hate to sound harsh, but you cannot make anyone do anything they don't want to do. And their own foolishness usually comes back to kill them or seriously hurt them one day. Cultivating the smart ones to keep passing the message through the family should have a marked effect eventually.

Simple and to the point.

I still share youtube videos and articles with my husband which has changed his way of eating over the last few months.

It isn't as though he is fat.. he has been eating 'Atkins' style - high meat, low carb for years now.

I've been insipidly persuading him to cut down the amount of meat and replace the volume with green vegetables.

For many years he would sit with just 6 lamb chops for dinner, or 5 chicken legs, or two huge pork chops.

I can't see him ever deciding to stop eating animals but at least, for his health, he is reducing the volume of animal intake.