Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Endomorph + High Starch = Weight Gain
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:35 pm 
Rabbit

Hey guys, (excuse me I'm frustrated)

Well I'm done with starches. I used to believe all the hype "eat as much starch as you want" but it doesn't work for me, especially not for an endomorph bodytype. Someone told me I was starving and need to eat more potatoes and rice. Which is funny because if I was starving then how come I wasn't losing weight with fruits and salads? The dumbest thing I've herd on a bodybuilding forum was to "eat more" if you want to lose weight. It absolutely makes no sense.

A month ago I switched from a high fruit/salad diet to a high fruit/starch diet with some salads. I have put on FAT because of this. Eating as much carbs as you want and never gain weight - this has to be a crock. Maybe if you are an ectomorph running 3 hours a day, but for the average lifestyle I've never seen it.

Any other true Endomorphs out there? If so what is working for you? Personally I'm thinking about going back to vegan protein shakes and nuts, with low glycemic fruits + greens.

Since being Vegan now for 5 months, coming across protein is tough while still having normal bowels.

If you are unfamilir with an endomoph, you can read more about it here:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/50349 ... se-weight/
http://ratemyarms.com/wp-content/upload ... assify.png

So what's the vegan secret to getting shredded? Double your cardo?

Post subject: Re: Endomorph + High Starch = Weight Gain
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:51 pm 
Elephant

Hi, clank.

Tell us about your exercise regimen. If you're gaining weight on fruits and vegetables, another way to go is to simply up your exercise and raise your metabolism. Endomorphs are notorious for having slow metabolisms and for storing things up better than the rest of us. Look on the bright side: if the Earth succumbs to famine, most of us will perish and you will be moderator of this forum! :lol:

Baby Herc

Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:08 pm 
Rabbit

The same thing happened to me and I'm a Mesomorph. I followed the McDougall "Starch Solution" diet and gained 6 lbs before I knew what hit me! It's gone now but sheesh, I thought I'd lose weight as long as I got rid of meat, dairy eggs and oils. Nope. After that I found Dr. Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" which has been the answer for me, I'm steadily losing a lb a week now.

Good luck! I just had to post, cause I thought it sucked so bad to gain weight like that on a version of a whole foods plant-based diet, it felt really unfair lol. My husband lost weight on it, so I'm sure it works for a lot of people, but not for everyone, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 pm 
Rabbit

plantpoweredwoman wrote:
The same thing happened to me and I'm a Mesomorph. I followed the McDougall "Starch Solution" diet and gained 6 lbs before I knew what hit me! It's gone now but sheesh, I thought I'd lose weight as long as I got rid of meat, dairy eggs and oils. Nope. After that I found Dr. Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" which has been the answer for me, I'm steadily losing a lb a week now.

Good luck! I just had to post, cause I thought it sucked so bad to gain weight like that on a version of a whole foods plant-based diet, it felt really unfair lol. My husband lost weight on it, so I'm sure it works for a lot of people, but not for everyone, that's for sure.

Yes! I read the same book: "McDougall "Starch Solution". What was he thinking? Can you really lose weight stuffing starches?

I have downloaded the "Eat to Live" book. Funny because I've been a fan of Dr. Fuhrman and never read his book. So far this really makes sense and I've already been on the plan for two days now. Had girlie make chili and it was great.

Btw, congrats on your transformation.