What is the Ideal Macro-Nutrient Ratio?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Broccoli Monster
Rabbit

What is the Ideal Macro-Nutrient Ratio?

#1 Postby Broccoli Monster » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey, everyone. Working on my nutrition plan and wanted to get some input on what my macros ought to be.

I'm really skinny and need to put on muscle. I'm 6 foot, 30 y/o, and about 145 lbs. I have a real hard time gaining weight.

Also, anyone have a good online resource for nutritional info for various foods?

Thanks so much. Can't wait to get started!
"B" is for "Broccoli"...that's good enough for me.

Gex
Rabbit

Re: What is the Ideal Macro-Nutrient Ratio?

#2 Postby Gex » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 pm

that's almost exactly where i started man. When I started I wasn't vegan, but my staple was cashews. I'm not saying that's the best supplementary meal, but I made the effort of always making sure I had meals lined up, and I always had a full stomach. So more or less the principle of always eating.

I personally wouldn't worry about the macro ratios yet(Obviously higher in protein). Since we're both hard gainers i would encourage you to simply surplus your current intake of food, as it's more difficult to put on fat/ easier to loose.

Big breakfast, go to the gym on a full stomach, post workout high in glucose (natty sugar).

What broke my plateau recently was understanding my body type. Cut my workout time in half, went to the gym only 3 times a week, and ate every two hours. So i assume this would imply to you too.

Cheers

GianKarlo
Finch

Re: What is the Ideal Macro-Nutrient Ratio?

#3 Postby GianKarlo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Where most people go wrong is choosing one ratio and sticking to it. This makes them feel like they’ve unlocked the key to the weight maintenance universe.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”