Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:00 am 
Elephant

I really like braggs and i've treated my skin with apple cider just like topher. He's not kidding, it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:55 am 
Gorilla

Quote:
I have had lots of spots (pimples) in my face and on my back till age 26. Even the hardest antibiotics wouldn't help. Apple cider vinegar did. I am 34 yrs now and I have never had any problems again with spots even though I don't use any vinegar anymore.

I'd like to know more. What kind were they and how did you fix them to go away?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:01 am 
Manatee

watch this topic

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498&highlight=spots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:45 am 
Rabbit

I am usually skeptical of these kinds of articles - actually, I am skeptical of just about everything I read unless it is backed up by different experts. And "expert" is a relative term..... :)

I would want to know what is the basis for the claim that salt intake causes all of those diseases? How do they know it is the salt and not other things related to diet or other life style choices? Also, when talking about toxicity, you have to consider that everything can be toxic - it all depends on dose. Even water.

Vitamin C is ascorbic acid and citrus fruits have citric acid. Are these weak organic acids also causing damage in the same way that vinegar is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:57 pm 
Stegosaurus

plc3 wrote:
I am usually skeptical of these kinds of articles - actually, I am skeptical of just about everything I read unless it is backed up by different experts. And "expert" is a relative term..... :)

I would want to know what is the basis for the claim that salt intake causes all of those diseases? How do they know it is the salt and not other things related to diet or other life style choices? Also, when talking about toxicity, you have to consider that everything can be toxic - it all depends on dose. Even water.

Vitamin C is ascorbic acid and citrus fruits have citric acid. Are these weak organic acids also causing damage in the same way that vinegar is?

No, they're not. Even though Citric acid is acidic, after the body breaks it down it has "alkaline" effects on the body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:20 pm 
Rabbit

Quote:
No, they're not. Even though Citric acid is acidic, after the body breaks it down it has "alkaline" effects on the body.

I am curious - do you know how this can be? I see you work in the area of nutrition, so thought you might know why (in more detail). Biochemistry is not my field, but I do know a little chemistry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:28 pm 
Stegosaurus

plc3 wrote:
Quote:

I am curious - do you know how this can be? I see you work in the area of nutrition, so thought you might know why (in more detail). Biochemistry is not my field, but I do know a little chemistry.

I read about it a while back, but don't remember everything fully about it. It might be because citric acid breaks down relatively quick, where as other acids and cooked food take forever and a day to break down, but I don't remember fully. You can look up "Alkaline diets" on Google and I'm sure you can find it, it goes over how the sugar in fruit is acidic, but it has positive effects on the body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:20 pm 
Rabbit

Quote:
You can look up "Alkaline diets" on Google and I'm sure you can find it

Thanks for the info - I'll look into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:28 pm 
Rabbit

compassionategirl wrote:
Bigwbii,

So instead of vinegar, is it healthier to use lemon juice in your opinion? if vinegar is poison because it is highly acidic, then so lemon juice wouldnt it?

dumb questions i know :oops:

When I had to regenerate my liver. The Naturalist MD I went to had me drink 1 cup of Fresh lemon juice TID (3 x's per day). I believe that is what saved my liver, I love Lemons. When I use vinegar I get bloated with lemons I fell "fresh?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:59 pm 
Elephant

jjaj2022 wrote:
Hero wrote:
my gf and i use apple cider vinegar daily to help get rid of spots...and it works...

Spots?? What's that? :?

pimples, acne, blemishes, zits,....etc.