Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to the forum
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:00 pm 
Finch

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and really happy to be here.. didn't know a forum like this existed :)
So about me: I'm a 29-year old woman from Denmark. I had a child 6 months ago, am currently a single mom, and I'm overweight. I'm now 200 lbs. and my goal is 150 lbs. (I'm 5'10). I have, however, lost a lot of weight before, a few years back I was up to 264 pounds at my heaviest and lost 75, but gained some back with my pregnancy. Anyways, I'm a pescetarian but really want to try and go vegan. I have also had the dream for years to get ripped, eat and workout like a fitness model and hopefully get close to a body like one :)
So even though I thought I knew a lot about nutrition and working out, I find that I have no idea how to start this whole thing. So I made a diet plan that I hope that some of you will look at and give me some feedback on it. I don't want to eat a lot of soy, don't like tofu and tempeh and things like that. Fake meats are okay to an extent though.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal/muesli (nonroasted), 1 banana and coffee

Lunch: 2 slices of ezekiel/pumpernickel and veggie patties (possibly boca/morning star or is homemade better?) and tomato

Dinner: Large salad with bunch of different veggies, beans and lentils and some oil-based salad dressing

Snack 1: (post-workout) protein shake

Snack 2: Large bowl of soy yogurt with 1 sliced fruit, nuts/almonds and maybe a drizzle of honey

Hope to get your insights! Thanks in advance :)

Post subject: Re: New to the forum
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hi Stine, welcome to the group. Is Stine your name? I think you are off to a good start. I wouldn't recommend the boca or morning star or any packaged imitation meats that are made of soy protein isolate. They are very processed and acidic. Also morning star use egg products and boca is vegan but uses gmo's. Making your own patties sounds like a good idea. I would say use whole foods as much as possible and fruits and vegetables especially. Eating a variety of whole foods is very important for your health. A lot of people get stuck in a routine of eating the same things over and over when they decide to go vegan.
I would browse this site more. The journal section is a great place to see what others are eating. Brendan Braziers' Thrive and Thrive diet books are excellent. Robert Cheeke's book is good as well. Also google, you can find a million things to eat, recipes, ways to eat them, and what nutrients are in what if you spend a little time searching. The search button in this forum is a great tool as well.

-Dylan