Mononucleosis

Well it turns out that I have mono...this is really annoying because I had been doing a lot of cardio and I was only 2 lbs away from my weight loss goals and now I have to stop exercising until I shake this. If I try to do cardio or any exercise for that matter, the next day I am VERY tired (requiring three hour naps, etc) and.or my glands swell up which is a semi-dangerous situation. So I'm going to start doing just walking for the next two weeks. I've already gained back a few lbs from being sedentary. I want to keep the weight off that I've worked so hard to lose. So my idea is to go extremly low-calorie. Any tips on a low calorie diet? It's hard for me to eat raw fruits n veggies although I know that would be the best thing to do. I just get sick of it so fast. Especially broccolli meh...

Sorry to hear that man. I got mono just before my first bodybuilding contest in 2001. I wasn't able to compete It really sucked and I couldn't even sit at the computer for more than 15 minutes, I was just too tired.

Topher had Mono also and he was out for a long time. Both of us spent a day in the hospital because we pushed ourselves when we had mono until our bodeis finally shut down.

Yeah, you gotta stop exercising, and don't do any real contact activities, gotta be careful of the enlarged spleen.

As far as eating, just try to eat healthy raw foods and that should be helpful rather than eating processed and refined foods and junk foods.

I hope you feel better soon. I know it takes a while, but you'll start getting energy back in a matter of weeks.

All the best,

Robert

I had mononucleosis for 9 months, enlarged liver and spleen and almost died. if you have any questions you need answered about mono, please feel free to ask me.

Actually I do have a question especially concerning enlarged spleen cuz that's what I read about that scared me the most. How do you know if your spleen is enlarged, how do you know when it's returned to normal and how do you know when you are over it enough to start exercising again. I will feel perfectly fine for a week or two, then I start working out again and I wipe myself out and have to start all over.

I had mononucleosis for 9 months, enlarged liver and spleen and almost died. if you have any questions you need answered about mono, please feel free to ask me.

Actually I do have a question especially concerning enlarged spleen cuz that's what I read about that scared me the most. How do you know if your spleen is enlarged, how do you know when it's returned to normal and how do you know when you are over it enough to start exercising again. I will feel perfectly fine for a week or two, then I start working out again and I wipe myself out and have to start all over.

i went to my family doctor and he was able to tell me. i think he felt around and stuff.

you have to go get a blood test to find out when the mono virus goes dormant in your body. and the spleen and liver will go back down once the virus is dormant and you are hydrated. the problem is most people think they are fine and feel fine for a couple weeks but the virus is still active. go get a blood test. and once youre dormant you can go back to exercise and stufff.

literally dont do anything while you have mono. drink water and sleep. dont even walk around or anything. just sleep sleep and force yourself to sleep.

• 2 months later...

Well, I am going to walk for the rest of this week and then I'm going to try hitting the spin class again and see how I feel. I really think I've made it over the hump. I can't wait to start working out again.

I got suckered in to joining a gym yesterday so I will meet with a personal trainer on Monday as part of their initiation thing. It's not all bad I suppose. I can't wait to see what he says about my diet. I've been feeling so good I'm going to try to start back to the gym on Monday. I'm also going to schedule an appointment to have a blood test to make sure it's safe. Usually they will let you do it anytime. I will keep you all posted.