irregular heartbeat

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

muhaha
Rabbit

irregular heartbeat

#1 Postby muhaha » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:29 pm

um i have a problem recently,
lately i've been experiencing "jumps" in heartbeat
don't know if it has to do with working out

i'm not on drugs or anything or whey or creatine supplements or anything

anyone can help me?

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#2 Postby compassionategirl » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:33 pm

ya this happens to me too once in a while. :?
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

endcruelty
Elephant

#3 Postby endcruelty » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:33 pm

you have a murmur ..... its not because of working out usually your just born with it.... its nothing too serious unless you feel it a lot and if you cant ignore it ..... i'd still get it checked up to make sure everything is all g00d though

Raw Ambition
Rabbit

#4 Postby Raw Ambition » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:12 am

I thought it was love.... but it turns out it was just gas.....

*urp*
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants

muhaha
Rabbit

#5 Postby muhaha » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:36 pm

before i was experienceing this, the doctor said my heart rate was higher than normal

now this stuff is coming up pretty often

i don't really want to go check because i know it just has to do with working out

but i'm still confused

and also, lately i've been feeling kinda weak on my left limbs, but it's not the whole day just for like 2 hours and it goes away
what up with that? and i believe i eat quite alot and i sleep between 11 to 12

endcruelty
Elephant

#6 Postby endcruelty » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 pm

muhaha wrote:don't know if it has to do with working out

muhaha wrote:i don't really want to go check because i know it just has to do with working out

pick 1

and how can you know it has to do with working out, or not, if you didnt even get it checked out, unless its actually happening during or after your workout

veganpotter

Check on it

#7 Postby veganpotter » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:53 am

Even if if just has to do with working out...if its bad that probably means it ain't workin so good when your not working out...its just not bad enough to notice it. Especially if your working out isn't cardio...if your heart is doing that during anaerobic training I think you've really gotta get it checked. Unless your maxing out, going for a PB or doing a burnout your lifting heart rate shouldn't go much over 110bpm...thats would have been fast for me...I was normally around 85-90.
Please get it checked...if you avoid working out to avoid the symptoms you could be digging yourself in a whole...it could be simple genetics and nothing to worry about or it could even be a minor involuntary muscle/nerve problem...I had a friend with that and all they needed to do was to use a defibulater on a super low setting and it shocked his heart back to normal...completely painless, he said it made him giggle.

Crash
Elephant

#8 Postby Crash » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:57 pm

It could be due to exercise or it could be due to low potassium or alot of caffeine in your system. Here's more information.
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Barb
Rabbit

#9 Postby Barb » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:26 am

You need to get it checked out. You may not have symptoms at times and it is good to know what it is while you are having them. I have mitril valve prolapse. It is common and I didn't know i had it until I was 25. I do not have sypmtoms all the time but at times it is annoying. Too much caffine or too little potassium, being stressed or eating too much salt triggers it for me.

You really need to get it checked. Please do it soon. Most likely it is just a murmer but you have to be sure.

Matt
Gorilla

#10 Postby Matt » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:36 am

I third or fourth the get checked out idea! If you do take in a lot of caffeine, I'd stop that immediately, too. Just don't risk it!
Matt Norwood
I'm was there, now I'm here.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”