Re-programming Your Kids

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Re-programming Your Kids

#1 Postby SeaSiren » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:57 pm

My girls were always good about eating fruit, but now I can't keep enough oranges in the house! We have the posters on our fridge and even when I walk in I want some. :D

Tired of all the junk food advertisements your children are exposed to all day long? Once we see an appealing image three times it sets up a craving for that food! Now we can take matters in to our own hands and advertise to our children in their homes, schools, churches and community centers!

#2 Postby compassionategirl » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:10 pm

That is a great idea. :D
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

#3 Postby Kathryn » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:45 pm

I agree.
And fruit is so lovely, who wouldn't be tempted by a beautiful image of it.

I was watching a TV movie the other day, and amazed at how many commercials are for crap food or for drugs (including stuff for upset stomach, acid reflux...see any connection there? :wink: ). I think making a choice to not buy any food that's advertised on TV is a good idea. Unfortunately, those are the images that kids see three or (many) more times.

#4 Postby willpeavy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:48 pm

Awesome. mMy son likes to eat lots of raisins and drink lots of soy milk

#5 Postby texanyogi » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:29 pm

love the posters.......will have to put those up too!

i have a very large basket on the counter full of bananas, oranges, apples, and whatever else that is in season and looking is always out and they are free to grab a piece (or two, or three) ANYTIME.

#6 Postby Odidnetne » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 pm

And to think, I've been thinking about getting into painting again, and the one thing I love painting is fruit bowls. Painting & hanging them would be great for my family, even though they've been eating more fruit since I went vegan.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”