Builder Bars

Yeah Man,

I eat those sometimes. I think around 300 calories each as well as the 20g of protein. They do taste really really good, but sometimes a bit to sugary tasting for me.

I like that they feel heavy, makes it feel like they are doing their job adding muscle.

I try to buy my food at local natural food stores when possible and when I go to chain stores, I try to make sure they are a local Northwest chain or a vegetarian type chain like Wild Oats, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods.

The food is usually a little more expensive but I try to support local businesses and local farmers as much as possible.

But I hear ya about the price of the bars. I get Odwalla bars for 78 cents each (including the Super Protein 16g bar) at a local large grocery store chain Winco Foods.

So that way, I get 32g protein for a little over $1.50. I always find myself low on funds so that is a cheap way for me to pump some convenient protein.

Yeah, I think a good order for food shopping is something like this:

1. Organic Farmer's Markets

2. Neighbors

3. Farmer's Markets (regular)

4. Co-ops

5. Natural Food stores

6. Local businesses

7. Local Health food chain

8. National Health food chain

9. Local supermarket

10. National supermarket

Just my list, I'm sure it is different for everyone.

I know walmart is a giant evil corporation but since they sell organic food I think its good to buy that kind of thing from them just to show walmart there is a market for organics, and also walmart getting into selling organics could make them cheaper and therefore more people will eat organics. But walmart is still primarily the best source for cheap plastic crap made in china.

I understand what you mean. I take that approach as well sometimes. I just think the "best" ways to go were the ones I listed. I do also believe that when you buy certain products from those big evil stores, they do realized there is a market for it and will carry more similar items, and it is pretty cheap at those places too.

They have that saying, "think Globally, act locally" Same thing can be said, "think Globally, SHOP Locally" Support the people producing food the right way.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, they seem to be great! Shame that we don't have anything similar over here

I suppose you know that they're vegan, but i can't read that on their page.

The day we have vegan supplements here in Germany will be the day the Daywalker starts to grow BIG!

I suppose you know that they're vegan, but i can't read that on their page.

All Clif products are vegan, but they aren't labeled or marketed as vegan. I assume it is an attempt not to limit their market share, which seems to be working. They have a very wide distribution including wal-mart and most large grocery chains. In this country at least, people will not buy products labeled vegan or vegetarian. They think that means the product is only for vegans. Stupid people really, but then again they are meat eaters.

daywalker, did you try flap-jack bars? they are great, although a bit expensive with 1,50 euro each

Hi Lelle.

Yes, i know them (i can get them for ~85 cents ) But they're not that good, they contain much sugar, fat and not much protein. And other unhealthy stuff. I eat them as sweets.

Greetz,

D.

Edited by Daywalker

In this country at least, people will not buy products labeled vegan or vegetarian. They think that means the product is only for vegans. Stupid people really, but then again they are meat eaters.

I can relate to that, I recently had an online conversation with a moron that thought that only vegetarians ate Marmite because it's labelled "suitable for vegetarians". It took a couple of posts to get it through to him that that was no different that the allergy warning labels on U. S. food products.

I've tried Marmite, and won't be buying a second jar any time soon.

This is great news, it took me a while to discover that Genisoy bars aren't vegan (the bastards), and hadn't found a replacement for them yet. I rarely can be bothered to make protein shakes.