making your own meal replacement drink?

Hello-

To add calories to a time-crunched life, I was thinking, I already supplement protein, is there a decent inexpensive non-refined complex carbohydrate powder available? And how about fat, I would just add olive oil but that might be too strong, and I know too much flax oil can be bad, any suggestions?

If I can mix protein, carbs, and fat easily and cheaply, that would be great, has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Joel

I'm a believer in eating whole foods, not taking certain elements separately (carbs, fat, protein) and mixing them together, so I base any meal replacement on whole foods that contain protein, fat and carbs. In fact, the meal replacement smoothie I used to make is very close in make-up to Vega (which is what I use most of the time now).

In a base of juice or soy milk or rice milk, add hemp protein powder (protein, omega 6 and 3 essential fatty acids, some carbs), powdered maca (protein and carbs), a green supplement powder like Vitamineral Green (carbs, vitamins, minerals and enzymes--go easy on quantities of this at first, because the 'green' flavor takes some getting used to), ground flax (fiber, lignans, omega 3 fatty acids), frozen fruit (carbs, fiber and antioxidants--I like strawberries, sometimes frozen bananas--take ripe bananas, peel, chop and freeze). I also add the 'innards' of two capsules of mangosteen/blue-green algae, which acts as an antiinflammatory.

Like stated earlier oats are great...I used to use alot of soymilk in my smoothies and it cost me...I recently discovered(about a month ago) that with the fruit...grinding oat in your smoothies is alot like having soymilk in it.