Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:36 pm 
Rabbit

yeah. i know. no fat burn. but this guy is a boob and says it literally makes fat melt.

anyhow, i find that my chest looks much bigger when i'm using it. it really swells up.

Hey, naturalblonde! I was looking at it. You're 5'10 1/2 and 130. That's hot. And you're sn is *natural*blonde. That's hot. 18-19% body fat is good for girls. It proabably makes you hot. No kidding. I don't think you need creatine. Unless you want helps feeling like you're bulking up faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:05 am 
Rabbit

I took both the powder and the liquid creatine.

This is what I learned: First, the powder is bad for your liver and kidneys, from all the powder you drink only about 5-10% of it goes to your muscles, the rest is not desolved properly and goes out in the urine but it passes through your system before. If you don't drink large amounts of water you will get muscle cramps. The liquid works 100 times better, you only drink a few drops and the entire amount goes to your system, the good thing about the liquid creatine is that you don't need a ridiculous amount of water to help brake it down, just normal amount.

What it did for me: As far as size or def. I didn't notice anything huge, but it did help me with my lifts, It would give me extra strength at the end of the work out while trying to get that extra rep. I really noticed the difference on the last sets.

However, while doing my research, I found that most (if not all) of the creatine products sold on the market are taken from animals. If you are a Vegan for ethical reasons you should look into that before you start taking it. But if thats not a big deal and you really think it will help your workout, then I would highly recommend the liquid. The powder will only mess up your liver and kidneys.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:17 pm 
Elephant

cryptomancer wrote:
However, while doing my research, I found that most (if not all) of the creatine products sold on the market are taken from animals. If you are a Vegan for ethical reasons you should look into that before you start taking it.

Can you tell me where you got that information?
As far as i know, creatine is not animal-derived. It's not extracted from muscle tissue or anything like that (not for ethical reasons, obviously, but simply beacuse that would be too expensive :? ). I think it's synthesized in the lab from amino acids, and as far as i know, they use plant protein as the source. Maybe that differs with the producer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
As far as i know, creatine is not animal-derived. It's not extracted from muscle tissue or anything like that (not for ethical reasons, obviously, but simply beacuse that would be too expensive Confused ). I think it's synthesized in the lab from amino acids, and as far as i know, they use plant protein as the source. Maybe that differs with the producer.

That is what I've heard too, but I'm going to look into it more. I've only used it a few times in my life and for me, I didn't notice much of a difference, but I wasn't really consistent with it, and as we all know.......consistency is key!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:56 pm 
Rabbit

I found those sources about four five years ago, I did creatine for about a year and then stopped (liquid creatine was too expensive for my pocket) Then I became vegetarian and began to cut animal products from my diet. Never thought about doing it again because of those articles. I tried to find the sources last night but they were long gone and everything else I found contradicted those two reports I read so perhaps I was seriously misinformed. I'll keep searching but it looks I was wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:46 pm 
Elephant

Crypt, i had a similar problem... that each report counters the next, if you want to be sure you can buy vegan creatine from several of the websites such as veganessentials, maybe pangeaveg.com.

Post subject: My humble opinion.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:54 pm 
Rabbit

Oddly enough the only creatine I've ever taken was Cell-Tech. I don't wish to refute anyone elses claims, but only offer my personal experience. I'm no expert.

I called Muscle-Tech with a question about the proper use for my weight. They gave me more tailored instructions that those on the tub. I followed those instructions very closely. The results were hard for me to believe.

I gained 20lbs in learly 6 weeks. It's seems like BS to even type that. There are more factors that could have played a part in that rapid weight gain. I was also using a suppliment I got from a friend that he called decca??sp?....ok ok I'm kidding really now.

It was 1998. I was 20 yrs old. The only prior lifting experience was in Juvie when I was 14. I was sitting around 5'10" and 140bls. Very thin for my frame. The fact that this was the very beginning of my serious training, my age, body type, and diet could have most certainly attributed to gains like this. After the 6 week cycle was over I stopped taking any supppliments at all, and retained most of this weight. Like I said, it seems odd even to me. I have taken cell-tech since then with more typical results.

As for the powder form being bad for your liver...meh...everything CAN be bad for you. Don't use it for prolonged periods of time, and you'll be fine.

Now that I've gone on forever...back to the topic. The fact that creatine helped the woman in the picture look like that is very VERY unlikely...refer to the post about clembuterol or winstrol for a more likely aid to her look. That or photoshop. :)

Natural Blond, people try to tell me this and that about my fitness goals all the time(people whom I do not ask) If you would like to be more lean, please by all means strive for that goal. My advice would be more in the vein of Monitor your diet very closely and only eat calories that will benefit you goal. Concentrate on lifting 3 sets of 12-15 with weight that allows you to do those sets with proper form. Rest for a strict 30 seconds between sets and 1 to 1.5 min between exercises. If you can stick to that you are using too much weight. Implement exercises such as squats, clean and press, and dead lift which work multipul parts of your body at once. Get plenty of rest and take a multivitamin. You can most certainly incorporate cardio into this equation, but your hightened metabolic rate last much longerr from weight training that it does from cardiovascular activity. Sigh...I really went on there. Sorry...well...I guess you didn't have to read it. :)

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:44 pm 
Rabbit

try Creatine Ethyl Ester hcl. there's no water retention and it requires less to be effective. If you sing, try it before a session, you will notice a definite change in the voice - more power/volume. Creatine is hard to beat as far as supplements go.