Quick update on how my raw food experiment has been going. I made it 17 days on an 80% raw food diet. After this, I went on a weeklong trip back home and it was just too hard to say no to my mom's cooking.
For that one week I was home my diet was probably 10% raw (ate TONS of veggies but they were cooked/stir fried). I then returned home and bumped it up to about 30% raw for a week (basically 1 totally raw meal per day).
Then, on July 12th, I bumped it back up to 80% and have kept it up.
What is interesting, is I am noticing some side-effects after increasing my raw food intake the second time around.
* I am not feeling as energetic as I was before, I feel a little bit tired, sort of like I sat in a sauna too long
* I am not waking up in the morning as alert and awake as I was during my first few weeks of going mostly raw
* My mental clarity is really good, almost meditative....hopefully not "sedatative"
....I can focus on things for much longer periods of time when I am moving around my daily life
* In contract to above statement, I find that when I actually try to meditate, it is HARDER! This is very odd. I find myself quite ancy and wanting to move around. During my first 17 days being raw I didn't have this problem, in fact, I found the excact opposite to be true...I could medidate for longer periods of time
* My flexibility is ridiculous! I am doing a lot of yoga right now...but I am getting gains that are starting to scare me
this is a good thing!
* I am getting more vascularity in my arms and hands
* My bodyweight isn't changing but, my bodyfat percentage is dropping (dropped from 15% on July 1st to 10% on July 15th with no change in bodyweight)
* I feel much lighter
* When I lift, I can push up the same amount of weight, but I find myself tiring fast. For example, my one-set max for pull ups has increased from 7 to 12 over the past three weeks but after the first set I am now totally hosed for the second set. I used to do 7-7-5 reps, now I do 12-5-4 if I am lucky.
* my skin is clearer than normal, but not completely clear.
My uber question is, do other people who go on a RAW FOOD diet feel this decrease in energy/lethargy after a few weeks? How long does it last?
I read the article on RAW FOOD that Bigbwii posted that talked about this...but would LOVE to hear from others that have had a similar experience.
btw...hope ya'll are training hard for the summer shape-up challenge...I am gonna win that thing