I'm hooked on TOFU is that bad?

clank72

Since going vegan I was hesitant to eat ToFu because of all the bad rep Soy had. Frustrated from trying to get enough Protein.... I went ahead and tried ToFu. 4 Months later I have put on a ton of mass, about 15 lbs. I respond to it very well. I don't have any sideeffects or anything weird from it. But I LOVE the stuff now!!

How much TOFU are you guys eating per day?

I eat about 18 ounces per day.

Dr. Gregor suggests no more than 5 servings of soy a day. I would personally probably aim to keep it at no more that 2 or 3 and hopefully not every day .. I subscribe to 'everything in moderation principle' and I think variety is best. Dr Gregor advised that after several servings, you negate the 'cancer fighting' effects of soy and may in fact start promoting it instead.

Do you eat other soy products .. milk, protein powder or bars, tempeh, miso, edamame, fake meats made from soy? Each of those would count as a serving as well.

Mmm.. now I'm thinking about a tofu scramble for tomorrow with my left over potatoes.

Thanks for the input!

I herd of a lot of guys on here eating blocks of tofu, maybe they are afraid to come out?

I think I eat the highest grade of ToFu available. 100% Spouted soybeans and Organic. Super Firm.

For your question, I do not eat any other sources because I don't trust them. I've been "known" to eat a bar with some soy but very rare. My other protein sources are from Beans, Edamame for a snack and nuts.

I use soymilk in my oatmeal, eat app. 1/2-1 cup of tofu a day and 2 scoops of soy protein powder a day. I am also hooked on tofu hehe xP. i do eat a lot of non soy foods and haven't noticed any negative effects and have gained a lot of muscle mass since increasing my protein with tofu. In the beginning of my veganism i chose not to believe the negative stuff about soy due to the lack of any really solid evidence. Asians eat a lot of soy ESPESSIALLY in singapore and i don't see any negative effects being caused from it there.