Read the labels!

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Read the labels!

#1 Postby C.O. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:04 pm

I generally read labels when I think its necessary. For example I normally wouldn't read the label on carrot-orange juice.... Yesterday I was thirsty and gulping it down when I started tasting it. It tasted like apple-cinnamon, not like carrots or oranges, more like I was drinking an apple pie. So I checked the label. Sure enough, it had a bunch of sugar and some cinnamon added. Then I spotted the weirdest addition to the ingredients, anchovy and sardine oils! WTH. I guess marketing your apple pie juice as having omega 3's means you add fish oils and then you cover up the taste with lots of sugar??
Anyway, just a reminder to myself and for anyone reading this, its good to check labels even when it seems like a safe product.
AND you may want to pass on the trader joe's Carrot-orange juice.

-Dylan

mrbear666
Elephant

Re: Read the labels!

#2 Postby mrbear666 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 pm

fish oils in juice? wtf is happening on this crazy planet? i always read labels also, its suprising whats in things, chemicals etc not just animals. nearly all the tomato sauce around here has milk in it, for what, i have no idea!
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

vegan_rossco
Batman

#3 Postby vegan_rossco » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 pm

I had a similar issue a while back, I bought some salted pecans and half way through the pack I had a look at the ingredients...dried whey,lactose,dried egg whites.. Sooo pissed off lol
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

Compassion
Manatee

#4 Postby Compassion » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:07 pm

haha it is so easy to mess something like this up. Last summer I picked up a Gatorade for hockey, but after taking a few sips and noticing how heavy it tasted, I checked the ingredients. Freaking Whey, in Gatorade...
-Evan

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”