recipies and ideas for meals under 2000calories aday

hi guys, iv just signed up and am still working myself around all the topics but i kinda need some specific help regarding my training...

Im on week 4 of the "Insanity home fitness jobby" and iv hit an energy wall (i havent really worked out in 10 years and i was a carnivor then) issue.. Im trying my best to eat the right things but im really struggling... i dont understand the calories thing so im kinda making it up but my typical day is as follows

6am- small coconut yogurt with half tin of prunes or soya milk and porrage + 2 pints of water

6:30am - insanity fitness (apparently burns about 1400 calories durning and post workout)

7:30am - 2 oranges, 2 bananas and 30grams ofgoji berries in a homemade smoothie.. i do add other things like grapes or strawberries etc to it if i have any spare but the first 3 items are my staple

10am - apple or summit same

12pm - 2 pints of green juice.. 5 carrots, 4 celery, 1 apple,1 beet, 2 inch of ginger, half fresh chillie, and top up stuff like stalk of Broccoli, some fresh spinich n other bits

3pm - apple or summit

6-7pm wholewheat pasta with homemade tomato and basil sauce with craploads of olive oil with a salad for my sweet... which is normal salad staples and 2 beetroot, half avacado, grated carrot, 1 mushroom chopped, half apple chopped up with maybe strawberries or a quarter mango chopped up or both....

i have lost 6" from my waist and now just have a pesky bit around my tummy button which im hoping will go in next few weeks.... and the rest of my stomach is flat and have abs showing... but i just have flatlined with my energy....

im new to vegan btw so any help would be really helpful... in a weeks time im on month 2 and im gonna need more energy

Your diet looks good in terms of number of fruits and veggies you are getting in ... so that's great.

Try to throw in a bit of protein if and when you can. You can add beans or chick peas to your salads, or throw on some hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds. You can also add hemp seeds or protein powder into your smoothie.

Whole wheat pasta is good and has a bit more protein and fiber than processed wheat, but you might want to take it a bit further and add in some veggies and tofu ricotta (or cashew ricotta). Or you might switch your pasta out for a stir fry with veggies, nuts and tofu ... or chopped up fake meat if you eat that.

Just some ideas to think about for getting a bit more protein in there.

Unless you are pushing 'extremely' hard on the insanity, I don't imagine it would burn 1400 calories. Even an hour of jumping rope (and jumping rope is a brutal cardio workout) only burns 800 calories. Of course if you are quite heavy, then you would burn a lot more in an hour.

Great job on you weight loss so far! Not sure if you were tracking weight too... but you don't want to lose too fast... that will kill your energy.