Meditation

C.O.

CO... I don't know how to meditate, but I've always read it is so good for your mental health and I've wanted to try it.

I just signed up for the 21 day meditation (free) with Deepak Chopra and Oprah. It just started today. You may still be able to join in if you are interested.

Sorry... I haven't heard of compassion meditation before, but if I get the hang of this, I will definitely look into that more .. sounds interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I am brand spankin new to this forum, but I saw your post and thought I'd share I meditate every morning - if I don't, I physically and mentally feel off the whole day. I started mediating and doing yoga a couple years ago after experiencing some pretty bad anxiety attacks. I swore to myself I would never allow myself to get so worked up in my own head again! I honestly think meditation has saved my life.... Well that and becoming vegan

I get asked a lot about how I meditate. There really is no correct answer to how one should meditate. If you have just 5 minutes every morning, I would suggest sitting in a chair (or on a pillow-cross legged) and just breathe. Count your breaths, slowly, inhale 1, exhale 2, inhale 3, and so on. Repeating the sequence after 10 or 100. Once you get the hang of it (sitting quietly without your thoughts can be very hard for beginners-some days it is still hard for me), you can start your compassion meditation. I use apps on my iPhone and YouTube all the time for new ideas on how to meditate. You can be guided through a meditation that can help you feel more compassionate towards others or yourself. It's such a wonderful feeling!

Good luck - I wish I had more advice. But I would just recommend sitting quietly and letting your mind feel free for awhile!