Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is too much of a good thing bad?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:21 pm 
Rabbit

Hey everyone! I'm on my third new topic... WooHoo! haha anyway, I had a question about my diet. I seem to eat pretty much the same things every day with only a little bit of variety. That said, I do eat a lot of variety in a single day. At least I feel like I do. I am going to list what I typically eat on a day to day basis. For example, today I ate:

Pre workout
apple

Post workout:
Raw Protein

Meal 1:
Oatmeal with apricots, almonds and blackstrap molasses (the variety here would be different fruits and nuts added)
Steamed Spinach (this is usually spinach, turnip greens, brussels sprouts, broccoli or okra)
Orange juice (I usually don't drink orange juice, but will probably start because of the vit.d and calcium)

Snack:
Pistachios
ugli fruit

Meal 2:
Steamed broccoli (usually don't have a steamed vegetable here but I was hungry today)
Mexican Lentil Stew with tomatoes and corn (this is usually a bean/legume meal most commonly a chili or thick soup and sometimes a grain or quinoa)

Snack:
celery
hummus

Meal 3:
Always have a salad
today was Salad made with (collard greens, red pepper, crimini mushrooms, onion, rutabaga, black walnuts)
salads usually consisted of either spinach, romaine, collards or kale and have crimini mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, zucchini or broccoli

Meal 4:
Tofu scrambled with spinach, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, crimini mushrooms, spinach and avocado (this is usually not tofu but instead another bean/legume meal)
celery with peanut butter

Snack:
Banana with peanut butter
granola with raisins

This gave me a total calorie count of 2290cal with 100g protein, 330g carbs and 69g fat.
This is basically what I eat every single day and my protein is usually closer to 70-80g. I am a 5 foot 9 inch tall male who weighs about 130lbs. I a trying to build muscle but do it as cleanly as possible with the least amount of fat gain. Does this seem like a decent plan? Am I eating too many vegetables? Is this too many carbs? What about fat? If I eat like this, same vegetables and beans/legumes, everyday will this be detrimental to my health? How can I incorporate more variety? Thanks a lot guys I am just really anxious about do this right and it's stressing me out!

Post subject: Re: Is too much of a good thing bad?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:48 am 
Rabbit

I should also mention that usually my bean/legume meal 4 is accompanied by another helping of a steamed vegetable from the same list in meal 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:03 am 
Rabbit

I understand these are a lot of questions but at least if someone has an idea for any part, that would be very helpful!

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:32 am 
Manatee

Well, that seems perfectly fine for me.
Nice calorie count, great balance between carbs, fats and protein.

I don`t see a thing that would be bad for your health.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for the reassurance maybenot. I was just worried about eating the same thing day in and day out in the longer term.