Veganise my carnivore Cut Diet and I'll go all green

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Vegan Aspirant

Re: Veganise my carnivore Cut Diet and I'll go all green

#16 Postby Vegan Aspirant » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 am

@Stcalico: Very good points! I guess I didn't really think of it that way but I should just come to terms with the fact that there aren't any high-protein low-carb/low-fat vegan alternatives, except for protein powder.

Your dip recipe sounds mouth watering delicious, might give it a go some dya. Same thing for the seitan recipe .-) don't know if I am lactose or gluten intolerant (hopefully I am, so I can lay off all rice/milk desserts and processed cr*p I'm eating lately), but I was tested last week and should recieve lab results sometime this week.

Yesterday I tried to make a vegan stew of nuts, canned and and pickled veggies. I threw in a can of red kidney beans, a can of peas and carrots, added pickled beetroot and olives (green and black). Topped it off with a handful of peanuts. I was surprised at how good it came out (well the black olives mildly ruined it) and how the peanuts give a rich umami flavour. Will be adding many more and different kind of nuts in the future when I prepare dinner, especially if I'm craving meat. Works even better than legumes- never thought of nuts as a meat replacement in terms of flavour, but seems to work rather well :-)

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”