I feel like I'm going crazy

I feel like I eat good, nothing processed, mostly raw except beans and grains about 1200 calories a day, 60% carbs 20% fat 20% protein . I'm 4'11 and approx 97lbs I do a boot camp class twice a week with Trx kettle bells etc its a cross fit type workout, and I recently started taking vinyasa yoga twice a week as well, in between days I walk about 3-4 miles. I feel like some days I see results and I'm so happy and motivated and then there's other days where I can't see anything, I'm so swollen and I get upset and feel I worked hard for nothing, or I'm not working out enough. My guess is hormones? Maybe I'm not eating properly? I just hear so many different opinions on what to eat (low carb high protein/high carb low fat) I want to lower my body fat, and have more lean muscle. What do I do?!

There is a lot to make sure you are getting in your diet for optimal health and there are so many possible food allergies out there as well. A little research combined with a little self research, often the old guess and check method, can go a long way to feeling better.

-Dylan

My d is low I supplement 2,000iu a day and my b12 is fine. I eat grains very rarely! I'm trying to maybe increase my protein and see how that works for a bit, maybe more cardio. I've been using the bike before my workouts increasing distance a bit every week, I should really start jogging more

I read a bit of your blog and what you eat is very healthy. Rich in leafy greens and variety of whole foods.

We actually don't need EPA/DHA, 5HTP and any other molecule because the production all these molecules and androgen hormones, collagen, etc.. is maintained by Retinoids(Vitamin A), Vitamin D and K in conjunction. So when we are deficient in one of those Vitamins.. we become low in hormones and ultimately we crave animal products. This is the main reason why a lot of plant-eaters return to eating animal products like bone broth(collagen).

I prefer this brand at a 5,000 IU dose and you'll know you are taking too much when insomnia kicks in.

http://www.vibrantnutra.com/d3-1000iu.aspx

Edited by lepiante

No problem. You'll know the Vitamin D is working with the nutrients in the leafy greens when you feel a steal rod holding your spinal cord straight. Hence collagen synthesis has taken place.

Here is an elementary view: http://completewellbeing.com/article/a-d-e-k-the-vital-vitamins/

As for your original question on whether to choose low carb high protein/fat or high carb/low fat. Have you tried experimenting with what works for you? Maybe medium carb/fat works for you.

Generally, the carbs are used as immediate fuel, perfect for cardio and the protein/fats with vitamins and minerals are perfect for recovery.

Yeah I'm trying it out now, just eating legumes and grains more often but I feel they bloat me, maybe bc I'm so small I just notice it more. I like sticking to mostly salads but I'm definitely experimenting. The 80 10 10 didn't work for me, for th first few weeks I had a flat tummy and had tons of energy but then I started to notice I was crazy bloated and felt tired all the time so I cut down my fior intake and added in more nuts especially omega 3 from hemp and chia and felt 100x better!

I agree about the danger of grains and legumes however some people like myself can tolerate some legumes like cannellini and borlotti beans.

I agree with you about the essential fats. Its too bad that the guy who wrote 801010 is still so anal towards nuts and seeds.

Do you have problems with eating moderate amounts of ripe fruit throughout the day?

Enjoy this video

I do okay with split peas, black eye peas, and red lentils. Chickpeas are okay too. I eat rice and quinoa very rarely. When I was eating 8 bananas and like 20 dates a day I was crazy bloated and felt drained. I used to only eat beans rarely but I started adding them more regularly now since I'm working out more, I want to lower my body fat and I feel like I'm going insane! On a typical day I eat:

Breakfast: a smoothie with a scoop of VegaOne, different fruit usually berries and water. I just bought a vitamix so I make fruit sorbets now with vega topped with walnuts and hemp seeds

Lunch: big green salad, kale spinach cucumbers tomato and I make a veggie purée instead of dressing, usually zucchini 1/2 cup beans carrots and nutritional yeast

Dinner varies bc I usually work out at night so before my workout ill have a banana and 2 dates and after ill have a protein shake with bananas and vega (on days I work out I switch my breakfast to something that's not fruit) if I don't work out ill have a salad or some more veggies

Snacks are usually nuts or a fruit

You're obviously eating healthy foods however are you eating because you're hungry or are you eating for the sake of eating a specific meal at a specific time?

We can skip breakfast if we aren't doing anything intensive in the morning and the body will eventually use fat as fuel after it has used up the glycogen. Like fasting for 12-24 hours and having fruit near us as backup fuel if we need it.

Marathon Training - Burning Fat as Fuel

Periods - They May Be 'Normal', But Are They Healthy?

Actual hormonal fluctuations cause mood disorders and depression. Vitamin D plays a huge role in stabilizing hormones.

Breakfast I always eat because if I don't i'll prob starve at work and i get headaches if i dont eat breakfast, and especially before a workout i need to eat because my workouts are pretty intense. lunch i eat when i'm hungry for sure. snacks sometimes i just wont have them if i'm not hungry, and dinner again varies if i work out i have to eat after so i can recover but if i dont go i'll have something really small usually i'm not hungry for dinner but i feel i should eat a little something before 7;30 because i try to not have anything after that time til breakfast

• 2 weeks later...

watching now, very informative!! i've come to the conclusion i dont have a lot of definition simply because i dont have that much muscle i'm not too strong, if i lift more weights, ill probably get there. and since i started yoga 2x a week i should be seeing results in a few weeks