Athlete having problem

Hello

Ive done the vegan diet for 2+ years now. Mostly 100% fruits and greens. Im also doing strength training alot and play sports.

I have noticed that my strength and energy isnt what i should be. Like i workout my legs and everyhing in the gym but when i eat and all that it doesnt feel like i get the fuel to my legs. Its like they are still weak and dont want to run etc.

I have done 5-7% of protein during this time, so im considering maybe its time to increase it. Can to litle protein do this and maybe this is my problem?

My explosivness and everything is not where i want it to be and where it was before when i was eating crap

Hello

Ive been eating 3-4000 calories a day

Mostly grapes, mangoes, etc and some greens and hemp seeds. So yeah 5-7% of calories from protein wich will be only 40-60grams tops.

Im thinking maybe this is to litle and consider switching to a vegan cooked diet where i can bump it up to 10-20% from protein.

then i will be getting 0.8gram protein pr lbs of bodyweight

3-4000 calories a day? fruits and greens tend to be low in protein, and fats, if you aren't getting enough of each macro (and water) it could effect you

but yeah, try include more beans/lentils and nuts and avocados in your diet for protein and good fats

BTW what is your weight/height?

Eating that much fruit, your energy should be through the roof. We don't use protein as energy really, more to repair, so i don't see how you'd feel more energy eating more protein. But if you are trying to build muscle, yes you will need more than 40g per day

muchidna: im 180 cm and 82kg i want to loose some fat so around 75kg is my ideal weight wich would be in 5% bodyfat i guess.

Richard: I know but my energy isnt tho

yeah i agree but i want to build some strength and litle size so i guess one needs some protein for that? how much do you think one needs? is the 0.8gram/lbs legit?