Am I doing this right??

Hello,

I've been doing body exercises every other day and running the other days for exercise...

My eating routine is as follows:

Protein shake w/ half banana in water or piece of rye toast and natural peanut butter with apple

cottage cheese (1/2 cup) or handful mixed nuts

Big salad with (1/2) quinoa with light dressing and veggies or Big Salad with (1/2) Couscous, hummus and big salad with veggies or

(1/2 cup) black beans, corn, veggies and big salad with salsa

cottage cheese (1/2 cup) or handful mixed nuts

Big salad with (1/2) quinoa with light dressing and veggies or Big Salad with (1/2) Couscous, hummus and big salad with veggies or

(1/2 cup) black beans, corn, veggies and big salad with salsa

My goal is to lose belly fat and love handles. I can see a four pack put not the remainder because of that fat overlay...

I am a male/34 yrs old. I weigh 183.4 and my waist around that fat area is 37 3/4.

Please help I do like variety in food and I'm doing the best I can by staying on this food and workout routine.

Thank you

What are your goals? What do your "body exercises" consist of?

Some people here would likely start by telling you to cut out the cottage cheese. It's a vegan forum duh. I like going about making dietary changes by adding instead of taking away. I'm sure you eat a lot more different types of things that what you have listed down below. For some good ideas on what to eat and workout routines check out the training journals section of this forum. A lot of members keep very specific records of what they are eating and the exercises they do. Me, not so much, haha, my journal is more over-view. But I look at other people's journals all the time for new workout routines and meal planning ideas. Also there is some great recipes as well as links to good recipe sites in the recipes section.

Also post questions like these directly on people's threads in places that they are active like in their journals. You will have been luck of getting the types of response you're in need of that way.

Good luck,

-Dylan

Thanks for the reply Dylan...

My problem is I don't understand how much food/protein/fat/carbs I need to cut this fat. I've seen samples of what people eat but I don't understand how they got that. Some eat a lot of fruit but some say to much makes u fat. I'm confused to say the least. I don't know what I can add nor do I understand the quantities. I'm doing body exercise plan I found on mens health. It kicks my butt to say the least. My fear is after all this work I'm gonna get nowhere because I don't know what I'm doing...