Do you take BCAA ?

And do you notice a difference? Have you tried a couple weeks on and off to see if there is any change? With gym 5 times a week, hockey twice a week and soccer once a week, I am noticing slower recovery times than usual.

The thing is that all research I have done seems to be split down the middle as to whether it works or is just complete garbage.

I know a lot of people that take them, I have tried them in the past and noticed nothing from them. So with that being said I would rather spend that money on a tub of protein of food!

IMHO if you are using a good quality protein it should have a good range of BCAA's anyway ~ the one I use is a pea protein isolate which has all 9 Essential Amino Acids as well as 9 Non-Essential Amino Acids:

http://www.nzmuscle.co.nz/site/nzmuscle/images/items_labels/NUZEST_PROTEIN_LABEL.gif

Sweet dude, thanks a lot. I know Vega Recovery has a lot of the good stuff in there but I try to limit myself to one of those every other day or after super intense workouts. Who can actually afford to drink one or two Vega recovery drinks a day?!!?

My main source of protein shake is pretty much whatever the cheapest vegan protein is at the store I am at that day, and sometimes there really isn't much in them nutritionally.

I guess my main question is whether it actually works? Can our body actually absorb what is in these drinks? If so, it might be better off to take it anyways for days that I might be lacking specific Amino's ( similar to a multivitaming ) ?

I was supplementing some BCAA's a couple months pack, pill form. I noticed a little bit of a difference in my recovery, but nothing to write home about. You're from Ontario like me so there's a vegan protein called vegan protein plus. You can get it at any health food store or the aisle in the natural food section. Contains all the essential BCAAs and I think its 21g of protein per 25g scoop. 35 bucks for almost two pounds. Not too bad if you ask me.