Recommend some mass-gaining powders?

Hi everyone,

Good to know you here. I am a skinny vegan who starts bodybuilding.

I am now using NOW carbo gain (pure maltodextrin) for weight gainer. (I use VEGA for protein.)

Could you recommend other mass-gainers for me? I become tired of the taste of NOW carbo gain.

Thank you.

Edited by fraserlee

• 1 month later...
Good mass gainers?..

Avocado, nuts, potatoes, refried beans, lentils and legumes etc etc. Ditch the maltodextrin and stick with the Vega, you can always bump up the calories of it by adding things in like a teaspoon of creatine, coconut oil, LSA and a banana or berries.

Thank you, Forklift! I know and use these foods too. How about mass-gaining powder?

Thank you, Forklift! I know and use these foods too. How about mass-gaining powder?

I'm not really a big believer in 'mass gainers' as they tend to mainly up the calories by increasing the sugar and fat content.

That's why I suggested you stick to a good clean protein source and add in your own calories

definately +1 for this, especially on a vegan diet, you really won't need to supplement carbs or fats as there are plenty avaliable, i certainly wouldnt sub a sweet potato for some processed waxy maize starch powder

bananas are good also

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...