Need to gain weight, but find 9it very hard

Broadway

I am 6ft tall, and weigh about 155 pounds. I workout using p90x, insanity, my own circuit drills that resemble crossfit styles, and running 5-10 miles. I am a fit person not looking to be huge in the muscle department, but I am also not wanting to look disgustingly skinny. I eat well and am not hungry throughout the day. what can I do to increase my calories by 1,000 every day to counter the working out and allow some muscle growth.

For some people its just harder to put on and keep on weight than others. It won't make this task any easier with all the cardio (long distance running) that you do. Its not rocket science you need to take in more calories than you expend. Take a look at some of the builders that keep a journal on here on what they eat during bulking. Key word search here on this forum bulking. And/or do some research on bulking foods and choose the ones with high nutrient content.

Get to stuffing your face haha, good luck,

^^

yeah, all the intense cardio isn't going to help

i'm in the same boat, i have a hard time gaining weight, the solution is simple

stuff your face, the only thing that worked for me was just eating till i was full, then eat more, figure out a goal for your calories each day, it will be something like your TDEE, then + about 400 or so calories or more

Two votes for: EAT MORE and LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS.

P90X, Insanity and so on and so forth will only get you LEAN.

To gain muscles more efficiently it is better to lift heavy weights following a good training program. And eat above your TDEE.

To calculate how much you should eat, follow this thread in the bodybuildng forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

I used it and it sure helped me =)