What are the Best Seeds for Nutrition?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Broccoli Monster
Rabbit

What are the Best Seeds for Nutrition?

#1 Postby Broccoli Monster » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Hey, everyone. It's been a long time since I posted last. I've gotten pretty lazy but I'm looking to finally get started. I'm in terrible shape.

I'm still trying to work out the nutrition plan, one that requires little cooking and offers the most convenience. I've been browsing the nutrition plans of others and noticed that a lot of people use pumpkin seeds for protein. That sounds like a great convenient protein source.

So are there any major nutritional differences between the types of seeds out there?

I take it that raw is better than roasted and/or salted, right?

Should I diversify my seeds to get a better amino acid profile?

GianKarlo
Finch

Re: What are the Best Seeds for Nutrition?

#2 Postby GianKarlo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:44 pm

well, seeds may be tiny, but they're packed with nutrients like protein, fibre, iron, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#3 Postby C.O. » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Pumpkin are great. So are hemp and chia. I also like sunflower. Hemp are probably the most nutrient packed out of those 4 but they can be expensive.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Oh and flax, can't forget them! They're packed with omegas. make sure they are shelled or ground or else the majority of them you'll poop out without getting much from them.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”