The fruits dillema

johnboley

During my non-vegan days, I would opt for a piece of fruit with my free-form amino acids . . . which were more easily absorbed when accompanied by a simple carb. Nowadays, I just have a piece of fruit early in the AM before working out (with a cup of joe if sleepy) and later in the day with a handful of nuts. Fruit is good stuff, chock full of phytonutrients, fiber, provides simple and clean energy, and helps curb one's appetite. I think its all about knowing your body and how you feel when you eat and workout. I think we tend to overanalyze shit instead of just using common sense, i.e. eat plenty of good, clean food several times a day, workout like a madman, and you will be OK. Look in the mirror or take a picture of yourself and adjust accordingly. My two cents.

Edited by johnboley

I think its all about knowing your body and how you feel when you eat and workout. I think we tend to overanalyze shit instead of just using common sense.

+1!!

There is no dilemma, eat fruit!!

I don't mean to sound like I'm being mean to the OP here and there is no malice in what I'm saying, but you should be careful writing stuff like this, someone just starting out will misinterpret it as 'fruit is bad for you' I know when I first joined I misinterpretted everything and took everything as fact.

As johnboley said, eat what you feel you need and use your common sense

This is a huge problem for me. I'm really sensitive with food combinations, diferent fooods use different digestive emzymes. So if I ate a grapefruit with a bowl of nuts, it would tie up my digestion and make me tired.

I have nothing agaisnt fruit, I think the healthiest diets imcorporate fruits. But when it comes to hitting high macros, it becomes harder the more and more you have to eat.

And yeaaah it's gi/gl is quite high.. even though it's natty sugar, it's easier for your body to utulize. Compared to refined sugars that leach other nutrients from your body to complete it. (or something like that)

The OP isn't vegan. He is selling WHEY protein.

Well.. That doesn't really matter, although this site is for vegans it isn't completely exclusive. Not everyone on here is entirely vegan and we shouldn't be discouraging people from interacting with the vegan community, especially those wanting to make the transition,

That being said, I'm very certain that the OP is intact a spam bot that should be removed from this site.