soy estrogen and testosterone

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

soy estrogen and testosterone

#1 Postby mrbear666 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:29 pm

i know i know, this topic has been done to death all over the web, but just wondering what peoples takes on soy protein and testosterone levels are...........i know soy isnt bad, and i consume alot of it. i know it probably doesnt have any estrogen like effects. but does anyone know/think it has a direct effect on test levels?
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"

Re: soy estrogen and testosterone

#2 Postby maybenot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:36 pm

No effects on testosterone levels. If you consume a lot of tofu it could actually increase your testosterone levels due to the good fat contained in it.

Me, I consumed soy for years (in Brazil it was the cheapest protein source $/kg for years) and did a testosterone blood test a couple of months ago, I have a pretty high testosterone level, I compared to a meat eater of the same age, I had 3 times more testosterone than him (of course you have to consider genetics).

Re: soy estrogen and testosterone

#3 Postby vegantri » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Jack Norris has put together a site that covers soy with the relevant case studies cited:

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”