Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tofu hotdogs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:18 pm 
Finch

Had some of these today http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping ... tore=Ocado
really like them but I was wondering if they have too much fat in them as I am trying to loose weight and get healthy. I have been fully vegan 1 week now and I have gone from 14st 11lb to 14st 4lb feeling better and healthier already !!

Post subject: Re: Tofu hotdogs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:08 pm 
Manatee

ew i hate those hot dogs.
anyway try to take less processed food possible. they are always better than true meat hot dogs or whatever but you gotta pay attention, sometimes i take these kind of stuff just to get my protein part easily but then i realised that is not good all these precessed stuff especially because they got not good fat.
you can eat them from time to time.
but it would be better if you get your protein sources from normal tofu (or i dont know maybe smoked tofu to have it tastier), legumes, almonds, and soja products (see stuff from vantastic food http://vantastic-foods.com/de/produkte/ ... schersatz/)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 pm 
Finch

Thanks I have lots of different tofu mostly fruitarian diet though

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:58 am 
Gorilla

I've never had those hot dogs in particular, but I second Eden's advice. It's a bit more work, but you can make your own sort of tofu dogs by slicing and roasting tofu. You can even coat it in whatever you like for flavor. You basically just take a block of tofu, slice it into ~8 long rectangles about 3/4" square, coat it in whatever you like, and roast it for 40 minutes, turning once or twice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:37 am 
Manatee

if you need recipes let us know. maybe after only 1 week of veganism your mind is somehow confused about what to eat etc.
another way to eat smoked tofu is to cook it with broccoli and then add sour cream with curry and sweet-paprika. I LOVE IT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 pm 
Finch

I absolutely adore those soyrizo dogs and tofu hotdogs, but my high intake of tofu has been inhibiting my iron absorption. I've also read that fermented tofu is much better for you than regular tofu, so perhaps tempeh hotdogs/ burgers might be a healthier option.