Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
clank72
Rabbit
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Location: Oregon

Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#1 Postby clank72 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:22 pm

My tofu is too high in fat.
Beans give me terrible gas
Nuts are too high in fat.
Protein power shreds my stomach.

What to do?

Can anyone recommend a low fat Tofu?

Currently I am eating WILDWOOD Non-GMO Organic Tofu from Spouted Soy beans. But the fat is too high and it throws off my Macros.

Trainer says it's BAD for my heart to have fat that is 35% of diet.

User avatar
vegan_rossco
Batman
Posts: 1632
Age: 26
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#2 Postby vegan_rossco » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Tofu isn't high fat.. At all
Nuts are but... You need to eat fat, it's good for you, what's the opposition to it?
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

User avatar
EdensDemise
Manatee
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#3 Postby EdensDemise » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:24 pm

i had the same problem with legumes especially beans and lentils. you eat the raw ones that you have to boil for hours? i discovered that leaving the raw legumes in cold water for 30 hours with lemon juice and then changing the water and boil them, the gas in the stomach gets lower.
plus is something we need to clarify, those who make bodybuilding and eat 6 times a day and drink protein shakes shit and fart more than normal people. that´s a proved fact :D
about the tofu i dont think is really high in fat i guess 150 gr have 12gr of fat.
and yeah nuts are really important not only for their source of helathy fat but a lot of properties, a few examples:

Brazil nuts

Brazil nuts are high in calories, and a good source of instant energy, and so are are especially good for athletes in training, or very active peoplechildren.
They’re also a rich source of the anti-oxidant selenium that supports the immune system (helping ward off disease and protecting the heart and cardiovascular system) and plays a role in prostate health

Walnuts

Walnuts feed the brain because they are packed with omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, particularly omega-3, which is vital for neuronal conduction (the firing of nerves in the brain).
Clinical trials show walnuts lower cholesterol. That’s because 75 per cent of their fat is the healthy mono-unsaturated type.

Almonds

The best source of protein of all the nuts, and high in calcium. They also contain copper, iron, zinc, niacin and vitamins B1, B2 and E, and an impressive 70 per cent of their fat content is the healthiest mono-unsaturated type.
Almonds contain a high degree of oleic acid, the ingredient in olive oil thought to protect against heart disease.

Cashews
Cashews contain calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, folic acid, vitamin E and omega-3 and 6 essential fats, making them an excellent source of minerals for bone health and a good skin-health food. The nutrients help with the formation of collagen in the skin.

Peanuts
The most commonly consumed nut in the country, the peanut is technically a legume rather than a nut, which puts it in the beans, peas and lentils category.
A rich source of protein, niacin and vitamins E, B1, B6, and they are also high in the minerals copper, zinc and iron

Macadamias
The most nutrient-rich nuts. They
contain omega-3, 6 and 9, providing a complex mix that helps to balance hormones, improve
nerve function, memory and concentration, and improve the texture of your skin.
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

User avatar
clank72
Rabbit
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#4 Postby clank72 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:49 pm

vegan_rossco wrote:Tofu isn't high fat.. At all
Nuts are but... You need to eat fat, it's good for you, what's the opposition to it?


Hi, where are you getting this information from? It's difficult to find Tofu under 7gms of Fat per serving.

Here's mine...

http://www.wildwoodfoods.com/products/m ... ein-20oz-0

lepiante
Rabbit
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#5 Postby lepiante » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Fat from whole plant foods is NOT the same as fat from burnt meat and/or highly oxidized/processed oils. Watch out for poor quality oxidized walnuts that have been washed in a solution that oxidizes the fatty acids in the walnuts.

Omega 6 fatty acids from whole foods are superior than Omega 3 fatty acids. Don't listen to the hype. Look at what wild animals eat. Do squirrels worry about getting a perfect ratio of fatty acids?

Try sunflowers seeds without sulfites and tell the trainer that he isn't a biochemist, he needs to shut his mouth about subjects he has no clue about.

User avatar
clank72
Rabbit
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#6 Postby clank72 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:17 pm

lepiante wrote:Fat from whole plant foods is NOT the same as fat from burnt meat and/or highly oxidized/processed oils. Watch out for poor quality oxidized walnuts that have been washed in a solution that oxidizes the fatty acids in the walnuts.

Omega 6 fatty acids from whole foods are superior than Omega 3 fatty acids. Don't listen to the hype. Look at what wild animals eat. Do squirrels worry about getting a perfect ratio of fatty acids?

Try sunflowers seeds without sulfites and tell the trainer that he isn't a biochemist, he needs to shut his mouth about subjects he has no clue about.


Thanks man.

Well he is a she, and she said any diet with more then 30% fat is bad for your heart according to the Heart Association. Ha! I'm not stating I believe this is true. Just seems a bit weird. Maybe they are talking about bacon and ham or something.

While we are on the subject, what type of macros are you guys doing on a Vegan diet while bulking and cutting?

User avatar
EdensDemise
Manatee
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#7 Postby EdensDemise » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:22 am

well i think the fat you get from seeds and nuts is totally different from the classical meat fat.
plus the need of fat of athletes, powerlifter, bodybuilder etc is totally different from a normal person need.
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

User avatar
maybenot
Manatee
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 am
Location: SC, Brazil

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#8 Postby maybenot » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:26 am

Well Edens, if you are consuming TOO MUCH omega6 fat from plant based sources it is indeed bad for your heart.

But overall, plant based fats are quite good for you.

User avatar
EdensDemise
Manatee
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#9 Postby EdensDemise » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 am

i guess 100gr of mixed nuts arent going to hurt anybody :D
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

User avatar
maybenot
Manatee
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 am
Location: SC, Brazil

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#10 Postby maybenot » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 am

Actually, Macadamias, Peanuts, Pecans, Pistachios are high in Omega6 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratio_of_f ... _and_Seeds

The best approach is to mix nuts and seeds, chia and flax seeds are great in Omega3 content.

User avatar
EdensDemise
Manatee
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#11 Postby EdensDemise » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:00 am

i eat at least 100gr of mixed nuts per day.. do you think it will be too much with the time?
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

User avatar
maybenot
Manatee
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 am
Location: SC, Brazil

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#12 Postby maybenot » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:26 am

If your joints feel ok, there's no need to change.

Personally I always consume half flax and half nuts ( in your case I would consume 50g flax 50g nuts).

lepiante
Rabbit
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#13 Postby lepiante » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am

maybenot wrote:If your joints feel ok, there's no need to change.

Personally I always consume half flax and half nuts ( in your case I would consume 50g flax 50g nuts).


If your joints hurt, you are consuming high amounts of lectins from seeds and/or grains. For example, I soak rice in water for 24 hours and rinse the dirty water out periodically to remove the lectins.

Omega 6 fatty acids are not inflammatory however their derivatives, prostaglandins series 2, do PROMOTE the initial inflammation caused by toxic substances... Air pollution, cigarette smoke, etc... Watch a youtube video on the "inflammatory response" and you will understand that what you keep regurgitating is pseudoscience that correlates with the consumption of seed oils.

lepiante
Rabbit
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

#14 Postby lepiante » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 am

clank72 wrote:
lepiante wrote:Fat from whole plant foods is NOT the same as fat from burnt meat and/or highly oxidized/processed oils. Watch out for poor quality oxidized walnuts that have been washed in a solution that oxidizes the fatty acids in the walnuts.

Omega 6 fatty acids from whole foods are superior than Omega 3 fatty acids. Don't listen to the hype. Look at what wild animals eat. Do squirrels worry about getting a perfect ratio of fatty acids?

Try sunflowers seeds without sulfites and tell the trainer that he isn't a biochemist, he needs to shut his mouth about subjects he has no clue about.


Thanks man.

Well he is a she, and she said any diet with more then 30% fat is bad for your heart according to the Heart Association. Ha! I'm not stating I believe this is true. Just seems a bit weird. Maybe they are talking about bacon and ham or something.

While we are on the subject, what type of macros are you guys doing on a Vegan diet while bulking and cutting?


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x3rvrHUZXX0


Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests