high fat vegan

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

24karat
Finch

high fat vegan

#1 Postby 24karat » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to this website/forum and to vegan in general. I am a pescatarian and Im interested in switching to vegan to see if it works for me as a bodybuilder. I have found that I make incredible muscle gains on a high fat diet (about 51% fat). Most vegan diets I've seen are high carb with alot of fruits. Can anyone help direct me to good books or websites or any ideas at all that can help with high fat but still vegan? Thank you!

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: high fat vegan

#2 Postby C.O. » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:46 am

Robert Cheeke's and Brendan Brazier's books are great. I would suggest eating a lot of avocados and nuts like Brazil nuts for some healthy fats. Coconut oil/water/actual coconut and seeds like hemp and sunflower, as well as nut and seed butters like sunflower, almond cashew, peanut.

24karat
Finch

#3 Postby 24karat » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Thank you!!!

soapy3
Finch

#4 Postby soapy3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:26 pm

24karat wrote:Hello everyone! I'm new to this website/forum and to vegan in general. I am a pescatarian and Im interested in switching to vegan to see if it works for me as a bodybuilder. I have found that I make incredible muscle gains on a high fat diet (about 51% fat). Most vegan diets I've seen are high carb with alot of fruits. Can anyone help direct me to good books or websites or any ideas at all that can help with high fat but still vegan? Thank you!

There is a lot of quackery in regards to vegan nutrition.

I would get a general vegan nutrition book from people with real credentials ( Vegan For Life, by Jack Norris RD ) and then eat healthy whole fat rich vegan foods ( nuts, seeds, nut/seed butters, avocados, coconuts, full fat soy )

PittyLove
Rabbit

#5 Postby PittyLove » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:39 pm

24karat wrote:Hello everyone! I'm new to this website/forum and to vegan in general. I am a pescatarian and Im interested in switching to vegan to see if it works for me as a bodybuilder. I have found that I make incredible muscle gains on a high fat diet (about 51% fat). Most vegan diets I've seen are high carb with alot of fruits. Can anyone help direct me to good books or websites or any ideas at all that can help with high fat but still vegan? Thank you!

Hello and welcome. I am curious, when you say muscle gains, do you mean strength or size or both?

FrenchFitnessGreen
Rabbit

#6 Postby FrenchFitnessGreen » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:50 am

mostly be careful about omega 3/6 ratios...

lepiante
Rabbit

#7 Postby lepiante » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:13 pm

We humans require protein, carbs and wholefood fats in no particular ratio that anyone can be certain for every individual.

My ratio is medium carbs, medium fats and low-medium protein.

FrenchFitnessGreen wrote:mostly be careful about omega 3/6 ratios...

Why?

Anyone who regurgitates that nonsense ratio science clearly doesn't know anything about how the inflammatory response system works in the human body.

jasonjay
Rabbit

#8 Postby jasonjay » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:34 pm

All types of nutrients, proteins,vitamins and minerals are required for our body to keep feet. Fat is not so essential for a vegan body, I think. It may be wrong or right to someone.

beasley
Finch

#9 Postby beasley » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Low fat = low sex drive..I think, too much carbs too much insulin. It is not so good for Hormone Optimization..

lepiante
Rabbit

#10 Postby lepiante » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm

beasley wrote:Low fat = low sex drive..I think, too much carbs too much insulin. It is not so good for Hormone Optimization..

Too many carbs(from produce) = too many pesticides.

http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/news/pesticides-block-male-hormones

New World Vegan
Rabbit

#11 Postby New World Vegan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:09 pm

beasley wrote:Low fat = low sex drive..

Tell that to the monkeys. I can tell you.....in 'Soapy's words "There is a lot of quackery...". They say sexual peak is at 18? I'm 46 and still "Peaking".
My Low-fat-raw-vegan 6 year video:

"too much carbs too much insulin." - But what's too much? FORTY bananas a day????? Because 30 isn't making people impotent or fat.

"pesticides-block-male-hormones"

Tell that to my Banana.

:lol: I can do this all day long. I do, on youtube and twitter.
Youtube's Gary High-Fruit . . . http://www.youtube.com/user/Gary1111001

Won't stop - won't flip flop - rockin round the clock

lepiante
Rabbit

#12 Postby lepiante » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:28 pm

New World Vegan wrote:
beasley wrote:Low fat = low sex drive..

:lol: I can do this all day long. I do, on youtube and twitter.

"this" isn't hard work. Try working in interlocking by consuming a low fat diet and let us know if your cells are able to repair your muscles and prevent the discs of your spinal cord from bulging.

New World Vegan
Rabbit

#13 Postby New World Vegan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:20 pm

lepiante wrote:Try working in interlocking by consuming a low fat diet and let us know if your cells are able to repair your muscles and prevent the discs of your spinal cord from bulging.

I don't follow

to clarify: Low-fat does't mean LOW. It's compared to the super high-fat diets the US eats. 10% is plenty; just like the protein myth.
Youtube's Gary High-Fruit . . . http://www.youtube.com/user/Gary1111001

Won't stop - won't flip flop - rockin round the clock

lepiante
Rabbit

#14 Postby lepiante » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:28 am

New World Vegan wrote:
lepiante wrote:Try working in interlocking by consuming a low fat diet and let us know if your cells are able to repair your muscles and prevent the discs of your spinal cord from bulging.

I don't follow

to clarify: Low-fat does't mean LOW. It's compared to the super high-fat diets the US eats. 10% is plenty; just like the protein myth.

10% Isn't plenty when you're moving big heavy bricks, pushing wheelbarrows, and shoveling gravel all day.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”