Sleeping patterns

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Sleeping patterns

#1 Postby C.O. » Wed May 14, 2014 1:37 pm

So I understand how important sleep is for the body. I also know that for those of us that workout/train lots and hard we are in need of more sleep for recovery.

What I am curious about is sleeping patterns. Mine have been way out of wack lately. Does consistency of sleeping patterns also effect your health? Like if I am gettting 7-8 hours of sleep per night consistently but some nights I go to be early and get up early and some nights I go to be really late could this be detrimental?

If anyone has any factual info or anything they can link me with please do!

-Dylan

Kora
Manatee

Re: Sleeping patterns

#2 Postby Kora » Tue May 27, 2014 1:22 pm

I haven't read any research studies on this but I've tracked my sleep patterns for years now and I can tell you for me it makes a difference. I recover and sleep better if I maintain the same sleeping hours every night. Any time that gets disrupted I see a decline in sleep stability following the disruption. I also see a decline my recovery and workouts.

Like Monday through Friday I can sleep great, recover great and then if I sleep in Saturday I'm guaranteed Sunday I want be able to sleep good and then Monday's my workouts suck. It happens so often I try to schedule around it.

But every ones different.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”