Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: building muscle and weight gain
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:08 am 
Rabbit

Let us say u check ur weight after one month...no increase. It is the same weight as it was last month. Does that mean no muscle has been built in that one month? That one month workout is wasted?

Post subject: Re: building muscle and weight gain
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:23 am 
VBB Moderator

Not at all. You may have lost fat weight at the same time building muscle weight. Its a process, I'm sure it wasn't for nothing. However if you aren't seeing results its good to change things up. Maybe add more calories to your diet? Maybe have someone take a look at your workout regiment?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:14 am 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
Not at all. You may have lost fat weight at the same time building muscle weight. Its a process, I'm sure it wasn't for nothing. However if you aren't seeing results its good to change things up. Maybe add more calories to your diet? Maybe have someone take a look at your workout regiment?

Thanks, that could be It.

I work out only 3 days a week - day 1, day 4, day 7. Each of these days I do chest dips using chairs, different varieties of pushups, then finally shrugs using bucket of water. I have no access to weights, gym, or bars, hence these are the only exercises I can do.

Dips for chest/delt, upper back, pushups for triceps/chest, shrugs for traps. I have ignored biceps, legs etc. since I have no choice. But I am hoping these three exercises will be good at least for now, since dips and pushups are compound exercises....so hoping entire upper body will get a good workout.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:59 pm 
Gorilla

You could add underhand chin-ups or pull-ups, or even inverted rows, to work the back and biceps more, if you want to target your legs, try sissy squats, static squats, and bodyweight squats and or one legged squats using J-Reps/zone training, this will make them much harder. For calfs perform one legged calf raise on the edge of a ledge or block.

Best
Rob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks, but is it possible to do underhand chinups or inverted rows without equipment? What muscles do they work..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:56 pm 
Gorilla

Just a high enough bar mate, or even an iron gym door frame bar...

The underhand chin is somewhat of an upper body squat, its stimulates the lats, traps, rear delts, abs, forearms and even the pecs and triceps to a degree. The underhand grip puts the biceps into their strongest position, making them less of a weak link.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:07 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks, hit. I also use a bucket of water to do lateral side raise...it works my delts. Is there anything else u can suggest with water buckets....