Vegans Taste Better ??

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

veganpotter

Opportunity

#31 Postby veganpotter » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:11 pm

Having all these vegans here for the vegan vacation may be our best opportunity to test this theory :idea:

SeaSiren
Elephant

Re: Opportunity

#32 Postby SeaSiren » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:55 pm

veganpotter wrote:Having all these vegans here for the vegan vacation may be our best opportunity to test this theory :idea:

:shock:

9nines
Manatee

#33 Postby 9nines » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 pm

Anyone notice if wild animals act differently you toward you (hypothesis: from your smell they know you are not hunting them to eat.) Last time I went hiking, I was almost stepping on animals because they would just walk way (not run.) I used to hike around woods all the time and never recall wild animals being so uninterested in me before (they usually ran before I even saw them, only seeing a glimpse as they did so.)

MontanaVegan
Gorilla

#34 Postby MontanaVegan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:40 pm

9nines wrote:Anyone notice if wild animals act differently you toward you (hypothesis: from your smell they know you are not hunting them to eat.) Last time I went hiking, I was almost stepping on animals because they would just walk way (not run.) I used to hike around woods all the time and never recall wild animals being so uninterested in me before (they usually ran before I even saw them, only seeing a glimpse as they did so.)

The bunnies usually let me get 8-10 feet away on my hike before they run away.
When I walk with some friends and their dog, we never see bunnies.
Now that I think about it, last fall I didn't see many bunnies on my hikes.
I ate meat for every meal last fall.
Turned Vegan and started lifting weights in the spring of 2006 - Age 42

Kathryn
Elephant

#35 Postby Kathryn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:22 am

9nines wrote:Anyone notice if wild animals act differently you toward you (hypothesis: from your smell they know you are not hunting them to eat.) Last time I went hiking, I was almost stepping on animals because they would just walk way (not run.) I used to hike around woods all the time and never recall wild animals being so uninterested in me before (they usually ran before I even saw them, only seeing a glimpse as they did so.)

Supposedly, if one is an omnivore/meat-eater, they can pee around a garden to help keep wild animals out (the animals smell the urine of a predator). Doesn't work for us vegans.

SeaSiren
Elephant

#36 Postby SeaSiren » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:01 am

Even as an omni I had critters under foot all the time (literally). And as a Vegan still so. I think snakes see me coming and go "pssst, pssst, hey George wanna see something funny. Look Denise is coming, watch I can make her scream" :lol:

Freesia
Rabbit

#37 Postby Freesia » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:39 pm

MontanaVegan wrote:

The bunnies usually let me get 8-10 feet away on my hike before they run away.
When I walk with some friends and their dog, we never see bunnies.
Now that I think about it, last fall I didn't see many bunnies on my hikes.
I ate meat for every meal last fall.

Poor bunnies were afraid you were going to eat them

Freesia
Rabbit

#38 Postby Freesia » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:42 pm

Kathryn wrote:

Supposedly, if one is an omnivore/meat-eater, they can pee around a garden to help keep wild animals out (the animals smell the urine of a predator). Doesn't work for us vegans.

My neighbor would get zoo poo from the circus to keep the animals out. circus > :(

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”