need help getting started new to vegan life

Veg1

This is my first post although I have visites from time to time my problem is I have a poor diet I rarely get more than 3 meals a day and because I dont know anything about making vegan meals I usually end up with something I'd rather not eat. Since im the only real health conscious person in my home its hard. I feel so much better when I do eat healthy. But its not always easy can anyone offer me some advice to get started. Also want to start weight Training once I have a proper diet in place but im ready to start my journey today...

I recommend Robert Cheeke's book for training and Brendan Braziers' books for diet. Also just do some research. Go through this forum, use the search button, check out people's training logs, ask specific questions on other people's threads.

There's a learning curve indeed when you become vegan as you cook different ingredients in a different way.

But that's fun and interesting, and you learn a lot about nutrition, food, and cooking

Booked that helped me the most : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vegan-Life-Norris/dp/0738214930/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410896457&sr=1-1&keywords=vegan+for+life

There's also a slew of information online, for instance: http://www.vegansociety.com/try-vegan/how-go-vegan

The vegan society can put you in touch with a 'mentor', an experienced vegan who can help you with the transition for a month and is here to reply to any question you have. They are based in the UK but it shouldn' won't be an issue if you're from the US, it's all online.

• 4 months later...

I made a diet plan. I made a list of foods (and their caloric content for macro/fitness purposes). This made is easier to grocery shop. Then I added up caloric content of specific foods and added them with the recipes to find out my total. This made is easy to know I was getting enough calories.

Oh She Glows is a blog FULL of AWESOME vegan recipes. She also has a book titled Oh She Glows. SO much good stuff in there.

As for snacks - nuts toasted with cinnamon and stevia or fruit or something along those lines.