Vegan bloating and stomach pains!

Hey

I have been vegan for almost 2 years feel great most days however the second I have any beans I get severe stomach pain and bloating! It usually lasts half a day!What am I supposed to do? I have tried beano it's ok but still bloated. I have read about soaking beans etc and I h e been trying it maybe not soaking them long enough? I find canned beans are way worst. Maybe I ahold eat more sourcecrowt? Any ideas? What else can I do for protein? I do soy powder, nuts, greens, hemp seeds...

I must say years ago I was told I have Ibs but since vegan I have no issues on the can! I think i had issues due to all that meat! Also I have not taken meds do Ibs since vegan! So I believe it is the beans! The pains are always mid torso goes smooth, bloated and I get gassy.

Welcome to my world... You just have to stop eating beans really.. That's your only option, it's what I had to do after trying absolutely everything, only problem is that soya gave me the same issues :/ I would eat less soy just in case it happens to you.

Switch to a non soy protein powder (hemp, pea, brown rice), try and get non soy products, quite often you can get wheat protein like meat free sausages, they're full of protein. Have a look online for high protein vegan products that don't contain beans or soy there are plenty

Hey

I am concerned that I do not get enough protein.. I was about 187 and in a year and a half down to 181. Not too bad but some say I am skinner. I feel better although I have to go back to doctors this week for blood work results as I feel overly tired. That being said I am closing in on 40, and I work shift wok and have 4 kids under 7.

With the beans, I am going to to try again, but I feel I may have to stop. I was told years ago (about 15) that I have IBS and beans is one food they say not to eat. Since I switched to vegan I have had hardly any issues, stopped all medications etc.. so I thought maybe it was just the diet before. I have read a lot about beans and IBS or not I am not alone. I am glad you posted your views! It helps my feelings. Soy protein is fine so far with me, but then I read online about men growing boobies cause of it! I will look into other sources, are powders ok or are they crap filled with fillers? In regards to whole foods what is on the non gassy, bloated list

? thanks!

• 1 month later...

Peanut butter is good protein. A PBJ sandwich on Ezekiel bread has 15g protein. I could eat those all day. Also tofu is real easy on the stomach compared to the whole bean. Try preparing your own beans from dry and replace the water a couple times while they soak. You could also try sprouting them.

I guess I'm having my own bean/legume issues too. Very gassy. I'm not bloated but man do I fart up a storm right now and beans are the culprit. The problem is that right now on my elimination diet they are pretty much all I can eat for protein. "Back blast area clear!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried in this lasts days a HCLF, and i improved my digestion.

- No oils

- No nuts and seeds

Just carbs and protein.

Some foods like oats can cause bloating issues.

Other thing that helped my digestion was the mono meal, one ingredient.

Example

Lunch: Only Lentils with salt

Dinner: Only Quinoa with salt

Juices/smoothies, don't work with my digestion.