Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sleeping Enough?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:49 pm 
Rabbit

I feel like crap when I don't sleep enough and my lifting seems to be suffering as a result. I only feel rested if I sleep for 8-9 hours a night! Does anyone else have this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:52 pm 
Stegosaurus

yup!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

I struggle with sleep sometimes. I am very active, much more than the "average" person, and all of my activities and interests lead me to sleeping very little.

I'm working on it. I've mentioned it a few times on this forum, that one of my goals is to get more sleep each day/night. So I'm taking some steps toward that.

Amazingly, I can function quite well on little sleep, but it all comes with a cost, it all seems to catch up to me somewhere down the road. Maybe days, maybe weeks later, but I feel it later on.

Sleep is very important. We should all try to make sure that we are getting our rest and encouraging others to get adequate sleep as well. I get reminders from Topher, Nat, Kollison, Chesty Leroux and others to "get to bed already!"

So anyway, yeah, I feel ya, rest = 8)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:03 pm 
Elephant

Yes, it's always a balancing act between living life and sleeping. I have so much I want and need to do that I could easily only sleep 6 hours at night. But lifting heavy just will not allow that, I really need at least 7-8 to function and 9 or more is ideal for growing! Lack of sleep equals lack of lifting progress for me. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:54 am 
Rabbit

I definitely feel the same way. No sleep or a strange schedule means that my lifting suffers a whole bunch. I'm also stepping up my hours at work to get a promotion which means they're going to start making me work really strange hours. Lifting is definitely going to come second! But once this is over hopefully I'll be back to normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:04 am 
Elephant

You have a good attitude ian. You may have to adjust the intensity of your workouts when you aren't abled to eat properly or sleep enough. Just keep lifting regularly no matter what. Then when you get eating and sleeping sorted, you'll be ready to grow! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:53 pm 
Gorilla

I need to sleep at least 8-10 hours or else I feel like crap. the past couple of days Ive only been getting about 4-6 hours of sleep a night an dI feel horrible...yet im making decent gains....only cause my body is tired and is calling for more energy...so im taking in a lot of calories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:48 am 
Elephant

Yep me too - I look and feel awful when I doubt have enough sleep. I usually have a foul mood and am very ratty as well.

My training obviously suffers too, and I have to make allowances for the fact I have less strength and energy as when I am fully rested.