Detox after going vegan?

I have been eating strict vegan for over a week now. Before that, I wasn't eating vegan, though I was sticking to whole and organic foods. Now I am wondering if my body is going to go through a detox, and what that would entail?? And if there is anything I should do to take care of my body?

Would any of you like to share what Detoxing was like for you, if you had any, after you switched to not only a VEGAN diet, but a HEALTHY VEGAN diet.

Thanks...

Would any of you like to share what Detoxing was like for you, if you had any, after you switched to not only a VEGAN diet, but a HEALTHY VEGAN diet.

OK, I'll share.

I went through 2-3 days of symptoms similar to food poisoning.

You know the symptoms, one end on the toilet, the other end in a bucket.

Food poisoning usually doesn't last that long, so I don't think that's what it was.

I also had these hard little bumps on my chest, on the backside of my ears, and the back of my neck along the hairline.

Maybe 10 bumps total. Similar to a pimple but not a pimple. I started getting these a month earlier.

Of course after a while I had to pick at them. Then they just would never heal.

After the miserable weekend all the little sores healed.

I didn't have too many issues. I actually had a little constipation at first, but I made an effort to reinforce my diet with more water. That with increased fiber (mainly from grains and fruits), changed bowel movements a bit which have still been interesting from time to time.

I think the biggest thing I noticed that when I went vegan, the crap in my diet went away--particularly the refined sugar--and I had steady energy throughout the day and never again felt tired (except after workouts, of course). Not really detox symptoms, but a positive change there.

I did it in steps (When I went vegetarian at first I had no intention of going vegan), and the hardest "part" was seeing chocolate chip cookies with ridiculously large chocolate chips at a graduation party after not having dairy for weeks, but I managed and it was easy after that.

for me it was 3 days on the toilet.... but i'm glad coz i elt so much better after that.

I usually recommend a good antioxidant to people who are detoxing and have had a history of very very poor diet, heavy smoking and have abused alcohol in the past.

This is because as you detox your body releases al this crap into your system and if there is a lot of dangerous crap around it can kill you….

For eg. If ‘FAT BASTARD’ from Austin powers went on a raw food diet, he’d probably have a stroke….

Well that’s what I was told by my boss… and I work at a health food and vitamin store..

I've never felt anything but better everytime I've changed my diet. I felt a little better when I gave up meat...alot better when I gave up eggs and dairy, and I feel better than that from going mostly raw.

I have been feeling better. My energy levels have increased, and I seem to have more clarity. I also feel more compassionate, and in tune with nature. That being said, I have been on the toliet all day long, I think my body is naturally cleansing itself, well I hope...But I have felt like SHIT the whole day...

Here's what I have eaten today

Meal 1 (Pre Workout) Banana, Yerba Mate

Meal 2 Kamut with Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Goji Berries, Almonds, Hemp Protein/ Small Strawberry Banana Juice

Meal 3 Odwalla Bar

Meal 4 Wild Rice, Garbonzo Beans, Baked Tofu, and Dinosaur Kale

Meal 5 Almonds, 1/2 Carrot, Apple

Meal 6 Small Whole Wheat Lentil Wrap with Brown Rice, veggies, cucumber, Yerba Mate (with soy milk)

Meal 7 Almonds, Quiona Flakes

Does this sound like a healthy vegan diet? Cuz I have been feeling sick to my stomach all day long...

It has also been day three quitting coffee, I have switched to Yerba Mate instead...

Anyways....