Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:41 am 
Gorilla

lmmy wrote:
When I saw the line about hunger and attraction, I thought you might be talking about what was also stated in The Beauty Myth, that when women's bodies aren't getting enough calories, their interest in sex drops and their interest in food heightens -- typical starvation-mode behaviour.

Well, that's a topic of interest to be discussed too :).

Quote:
Anyways, I haven't paid enough attention to my patterns of attraction to see if it differs in any way over time; I do know that I prefer more curvy bodies in general, with smaller breasts, and a certain type of facial structure.. that might just be because I'm most attracted to my girlfriend, though. XD

Are there patterns in the personality or character you choose, too?

We all make choices based on preference and attraction, and it's interesting to me as to why we do this as well as why we choose certain non-physical characteristics. I wonder how much is innate...or, rather, beyond our control -- sorta just written in the genes (or jeans ;)), I guess, as opposed to what has been dictated to us AND our particular upbringing, environment, experience, etc. I think it's interesting how some people are attracted to complete opposites (physically too) and others are attracted to familiarity. The reasons are so diverse.

I heard or read a psychologist say that we choose our mates to work out issues stemming from what we didn't get from our parents. I guess sort of like the old saying that we choose our "mother" or "father," but with a twist :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:01 pm 
Manatee

I like 'em smart and funny. My husband is the funniest person I know. We've been happily married 16 years.