Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: eating til you burst
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:54 pm 
Gorilla

Ive eaten so much today, i feel sick to my stomach.

anyway else ever get sick from eating too much?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:15 am 
Elephant

I do after i leave the vegan buffet thats like an hour from here but its worth the trip then i shop at the chinese market. I feel big after i get done eating 4 plates of food I usually have to plan and eat very little for breakfast before i go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:31 am 
Site Admin

Yeah man, I was the king of stuffing myself when I lived in Arizona. I made a lot of money and aside from my immense bills, nearly all of it went to food. I charted every single thing for months. I was eating so much, I couldn't even force myself to chew food anymore.

Then I realized I was a little to extreme. I've been very extreme in many aspects of bodybuilding over the past 5 or 6 years. I still eat a lot, perhaps not quite enough, but don't quite stuff myself these days.

It is hard to afford to eat as much as I'd like, but in a few months I'll release my Vegan Fitness video and I think that will really help pay some of the food bills.

But cheers to eating! Good vegan food for all!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:23 pm 
Gorilla

yeh I can barely afford to eat, but I make sure its real quality stuff....all the right amount of calories, carbs, and protein, and stuff like that I need for the day. no junkfood, or stuff I eat for flavor. I just eat what i need for energy and bulking up. I force myself to eat the things my body needs to grow. I wish I had lots of money to eat better, cause I would be huge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:26 pm 
Elephant

Sometimes I feel like I have to throw up, but I end up controlling it. Mainly this happens on the pasta.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:30 pm 
Rabbit

Of course eating until you feel sick or can't put anymore in your mouth helps bulking up, but it's not very healthy i think.

Also, your stomach has to digest all this, which takes away a lot of power from the rest of the body!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I think rather than stuffing all at once, spreading out consistent eating throughout the day. So I still eat a lot, but I never get that super full/sick/stuffed feeling, I just eat consistently every 2 hours and have decent sized meals each time, adding up to a good amount of total calories by the end of the day.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:33 pm 
Gorilla

i eat consistent throughout the day. but there are certain times where I will be forced to skip a meal due to working or whatever, and I try to make up for it at night.

I always try to eat until I am almost full, so that way my body still craves food, and doesnt force me to go to sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:51 am 
Elephant

robert wrote:
Yeah, I think rather than stuffing all at once, spreading out consistent eating throughout the day. So I still eat a lot, but I never get that super full/sick/stuffed feeling, I just eat consistently every 2 hours and have decent sized meals each time, adding up to a good amount of total calories by the end of the day.

I have my food spread out to 6 meals, but a lot of them are big meals. Pasta is the biggest of all. Speaking of Pasta, I almost had one of those moments again today haha and made me think of this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:19 pm 
Elephant

I feel that way everytime I leave an all-you-can-eat Indian food buffet. I love to eat curry and naan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

WP,

Oh man, nothing beats VEGAN all you can eat buffets! I knew of one in Salt Lake City, Utah, when I lived there and it was great!

I need to find more of them!

Anyone know of any in places you've been?

Not just a regular restaurant with vegan options, but a vegan restuarant that has an all you can eat menu :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:09 am 
Elephant

robert wrote:

Not just a regular restaurant with vegan options, but a vegan restuarant that has an all you can eat menu :)

Panda Veg, vegan chinese and japanese here in Richmond. All you can eat buffet every Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!!

Soups, white rice, fried rice, spring rolls, chick'n nuggets, mock general tsos chicken, braised tofu, mock beef and broccoli, mock chicken and mixed veg, donuts!, sushi and watermelon!!! That is the typical offering, sometimes the chef gets inspired and starts sending out tempura, mock duck and more exotic dishes. :D Love that place!!!!! You just about have to roll my stuffed self out the door! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Oh Man!!!! I would be a monster if I had places like that around me! I don't have any all you can eat vegan places, so when I do eat a ton, I spend a ton of money and then run low on funds for other things (although I think healthy food is the best investment you can make).

I have a t-shirt that I made that says Vegan Monster on it (not to sound like a mean, bad guy) but when I was at my heaviest and strongest, I thought it was cool to wear to the gym.

Eating there must have helped with the 1,000 pound leg presses you are putting up right? 8)

If I'm ever out that way, I'll check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:44 pm 
Elephant

O my...I need to find a buffet soon, it will save me lots of money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:35 am 
Rabbit

willpeavy wrote:
I feel that way everytime I leave an all-you-can-eat Indian food buffet. I love to eat curry and naan

maybe i'm wrong, but i don't remeber naan being vegan.