Macros for cutting

VegAmy

I became a vegan about 4 or 5 months ago, and up until a week ago I hadn't tracked my macros since I ate meat and dairy. My question is if my calories for a deficit are around 1500, what should the ratio of my fats carbs and proteins be? When I ate meat I had no problems hitting my protein and staying under for carbs, but as a vegan I've noticed that I have trouble getting past 60 grams of protein, and my carbs are extremely high. Any foods I can incorporate to up my protein? Any advice would help, Im extremely in the dark.

Hello and welcome! I'm new here as well, since I very recently decided to do the switch dietwise. From what I can see without knowing anything else about you, 1500 calories as a starting point are quite low. Why don't you tell us more about you? Age, height, weight...

• 2 months later...

Most of the vegan body builders recommend a 60/20/20 (c/f/p) split. Meals should incorporate LOTS of greens, beans, legumes and some soy but as minimally processed as possible.

I agree with Elena29 that your 1500 target seems pretty low - is that your net cals or intake? Are you just super petite? Regardless you should calculate your TDEE and reduce by 20% as a starting place. Also include a re-feed day 1x per week min (focus on carbs not crap) to keep your metabolism fired up.