Transition

I want to lose weight using a vegan diet and I have lost weight doing a paleo diet (40 lbs) where I cut out carbs and ate high protein but have since gained my weight back through binging out. I want to go vegan for ethical reasons and overall health. My question is how can I lose weight using a vegan diet that gave me the same fullness as the low carb diet did. I've tried eating a ton of low fat foods oatmeal fruit beans and rice but nothing gives me the satiety. Anything will help thanks!

• 1 month later...

Why focus on low-fat foods? Did you feel satiated on the paleo diet? If so, you could try mimicking it with the vegan diet: high fat, high protein vegan foods. If not, well...not feeling satiated is kind of an inevitable part of caloric restriction.

Maybe you just need to get used to eating vegan. Are you starting a vegan diet and starting caloric restriction at the same time? I remember that eating flesh gave me a sense of heaviness in my stomach that I've never felt as a vegan. That feeling could be construed as satiety, and not feeling it could be something that has to grow on a person.