Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I feel so weak ! HELP !
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:47 am 
Rabbit

I have just started to go the gym and run in the morning. And I love it, however I’m so week. Yesterday I could not walk to class and when I sat in the car to drive there I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep. I don’t have time to cook big meals but I do eat nuts and sandwiches, veggies and cereal and fruit. I bought some organic iron but that didn’t help so not I’m popping Ginseng and Ginkgo every time I feel I’m about to fall asleep because it is helping a little. Is this just an initial side effect of resuming more strenuous exercise?

Oh my god I can’t keep this up, I get at least 2500 calories everyday. I"m scared that it might be iron... i dont want it to be the case, i dont want to eat meat!!!!!!! plz help :cry:

Well thats one whack-job way of putting it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:36 am 
Elephant

Start eating oranges and take your iron, it will help your absorbtion. How far are you runnin each day, and what are you doing at the gym...how strenuous is this exercise?

Post subject: iron
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:34 pm 
With that many calories you just need to realocate where your getting them from...get your greens in and eat some vitamin c strong foods like collegeb said...meat isn't the problem solver for iron...I know alot of vegans and only one has anemia which she was pretty much born with(only been vegan for the past 5 yrs), I know many times more non-vegans that have anemia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:51 pm 
Elephant

You can also get some extra iron intake by cooking foods (especially acidic foods, like tomatoes) in cast-iron cookware. Make a nice chili, store it in the pot, and the next day, it will be darker from having absorbed some of the iron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:25 pm 
Rabbit

wow thats cool! i didnt know you can do that. will the iron be heam or non heam? I cooked lintils for the first time yesterdaya dn they taste great. i think i need to cook a larger variety of foods. I am feeling better todayt tho and felt pretty good yesterday aswell... it was just on the day that i had work i think..

I woudl like to get some nettle iron but i dont know where i can get it from.

Post subject: Heme
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:51 pm 
Iron thats not from an animal is always non-heme...animal sources are mostly heme but also a bit of non-heme

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:56 pm 
Rabbit

My boss sugested i try some spirilina.. so i bought a jar and i have been adding it to my juice in the morning.... maybe it's all placebo but i feel more energised on it!

Post subject: placebo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:52 am 
I think spirulinas great...even if you only absorb 50% of it you still have a great nutrient packed powder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:31 pm 
Elephant

Are you getting enough sleep?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:50 am 
Rabbit

my sleep is disturbed as i live in a uni dorm and people are up and about all hrs of the night slamming doors.... but this is not always the case, they are quiet most of the time... but occasionaly it will go on for 2-3 days. lately everyone has been rather quiet.