Tofu, or not Tofu - is that the question?

After consuming tofu en masse (around 12 oz per day) for what seems like ages, and now switching it up with Seitan, and this Beyond Meat stuff (pea protein isolate), I'm starting to wonder whether consuming all of this "processed" stuff is hindering my progress. I've seen other people on here looking great on raw food diets, and then there is Brendan Brazier (proponent of raw foods, and also ripped!), who make me wonder whether I should make a switch -- Or is it that I am sick of eating tofu?

I think my main problem is that I am afraid of eating too many calories that would cause me to gain my recently lost weight back again. I train four days per week, for about an hour each session. For training, I combine heavyweights, hypertrophy, and some functional CrossFit type movements.

For months now my diet has been pretty severely calorie restrictive - and I am afraid of breaking out of that cycle. I am male, 32 years of age, 5'7", 163lbs, 18% body fat. I would like to get down to about 8 - 10% body fat in this lifetime. Daily, I consume between 1600 and 1800 calories, depending on whether I am training or not. Apparently, my BMR is around 2600 calories per day.

My diet is pretty boring: seitan, tofu, beyond meat, broccoli, peanut butter, oats, apples, Ezekiel bread, salads.

I'd say about 30-40% of my diet consists of faux-meats.

Does anyone have an opinion or suggestion? I want to exchange my remaining fat for muscle, but I don't want to see the scale move upward, and I don't want to bulk in size. I have a psychological fear of increasing my calories, but I would if I had some reassurance that I won't blow up like a pig.

I would really appreciate your insight.

Rod