Calories in bread, nuts, milk

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

veganbuilder
Rabbit

Calories in bread, nuts, milk

#1 Postby veganbuilder » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:14 am

As I was frustrated with my bulking results, the thought of 'reverting' to meat crossed my mind. But one of the threads on strict vegan diets dissuaded me. But I'd like some information on these three items. According to my calculations, 1 slice of white bread=100cals, 10 peanuts=50cals, 1 glass of milk/1/4 liter=50cals.

Are these correct? I need to know so I can plan my diet accordingly. All the information I find are too general, nothing specific. I hope someone can give accurate info.

robert
Site Admin

#2 Postby robert » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:39 am

When you say "milk" are you referring to Almond, Soy, or rice milk? Cow's milk is not vegan, so we'll assume you mean another type of "milk" from a non-animal source.

There are a bunch of us here who are bulking like crazy. We have a world champion vegan bodybuilder here, and I was 2nd at the Natural World Championships in 2005 (my best ever conditioning).

View some of our nutrition and training programs and you should have no problem. Remember, we also have some 270-lb powerlifters and strongmen here too.

I would stay away from the white bread, eat more than 10 peanuts, or find another nut that is even healthier, and stay away from the milk, unless it is Almond milk. Eat lots of green vegetables, and a variety of fruits, veggies, nuts, grains, seeds, and vegan protein powders like hemp.

Train Hard Eat Plenty!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

CollegeB
Elephant

#3 Postby CollegeB » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:17 am

Add more bananas to your diet. They are cheap, and while they do not have a lot of protein, where's the harm? When I was a bit heavier and bulking I was eating about 40g of fat, 200+g protein, and I have no idea about the carbs or calories (~3-4k). I know I was eating plenty though.

veganpotter

diet

#4 Postby veganpotter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:09 pm

I stayed around 300lbs(on purpose) with a strict vegan diet...its not anything difficult...just eat alot

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”