Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:44 pm 
Elephant

Creatine isnt vegan? Are you serious? I know that we can get creatine from food, but I didnt know that the supplement wasnt vegan...thanks for the tip, now I know to stay away from it for the rest of my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:15 am 
Rabbit

kollision wrote:
Creatine isnt vegan? Are you serious? I know that we can get creatine from food, but I didnt know that the supplement wasnt vegan...thanks for the tip, now I know to stay away from it for the rest of my life.

NO no no, I was asking if it was vegan and was responded to by, " I DONT know of any brand that is not vegan."

I was just wondering and did not have a bottle on hand to check for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:16 am 
Elephant

kollision wrote:

You got it backwards mate. Creatine sups are vegan, always unless mixed with whey or something, but that will be clearly labeled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:18 am 
Elephant

chesty leroux wrote:
I use rice protein as well, and take a multi vitamin and this greens supplement when I remember to take them. I'm bad about those and flossing.

Hey Michael have you tried Naturade soy free veg protein? I picked some up last week at Kroger and its not bad at all. Its got pea and potato protein in it as well as rice. If you can find it you should try it out cause I know you are not into the soy prot powders either.

check it out
http://www.enkueros.net/79911025181.html

Thanks Ash, I will try the Naturade. The local health food store has been out of nutribiotic rice for weeks now.

It is Ash isn't it? Got your pic, but your name is coming up as "Chesty Leroux". What the devil? Chesty is one of rob's friends. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:48 am 
Elephant

michaelhobson wrote:
It is Ash isn't it? Got your pic, but your name is coming up as "Chesty Leroux". What the devil? Chesty is one of rob's friends. :?

Hey Michael, I'm Ash over at vegan fitness. I registered for Robs site as Chesty Leroux ( a funny name one of my friends gave me) a long time ago, before this forum was up, so when he made the forum I was automatically signed up as chesty leroux. I tried to sign up as ash but my email addy is already registered with chesty so i kept it. Sorry for the confusion :D

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am 
Elephant

chesty leroux wrote:
michaelhobson wrote:

Hey Michael, I'm Ash over at vegan fitness. I registered for Robs site as Chesty Leroux ( a funny name one of my friends gave me) a long time ago, before this forum was up, so when he made the forum I was automatically signed up as chesty leroux. I tried to sign up as ash but my email addy is already registered with chesty so i kept it. Sorry for the confusion :D

Hah! Too funny. My browser sometimes jumbles up rob's site and I once saw Chesty Leroux next to one of the contest winners picture! Funny, I thought your posts on the old forum were from that guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Hehe,

I have 7 different e-mail accounts so if I ever want to change my screen name, I can do that. Sorry you couldn't get on as Ash....we wanted to transfer the 328 previously registered people to the new forum so they would't have to re-register. But it looks like it's mostly new people using the new forum, rather than the old members.........aside from some of you Chesty Leroux, Michael Hobson, V VII Hero, and a few others.

Too bad some of the first 300+ members of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness don't come by anymore :(

About the site jumbling. I know it looks best with Internet Explorer.

The site looks a little funny with Firefox or Netscape. It also may get bounced around based on your browser settings. But that stuff I don't know how to control. On some computers, the layout looks really clean, smooth and good. Other ones, looks a little broken.

Thanks to some of you veteran Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness members for hanging around for what.....3 years now! Awesome stuff!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:10 pm 
Elephant

michaelhobson wrote:
Hah! Too funny. My browser sometimes jumbles up rob's site and I once saw Chesty Leroux next to one of the contest winners picture! Funny, I thought your posts on the old forum were from that guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is really funny. :lol:

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:47 pm 
Elephant

vegetarian multi w/B12 - I get whatever is on sale at the health food store, which is usually Solgar, VegLife, or Country Life

cal-mag - I think the one I have in my cabinet right now is made by VegLife

creatine - about 1/2 g/day

Omega-Zen3 - has 300mg of Omega-3 DHA from microalgae

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:49 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
About the site jumbling. I know it looks best with Internet Explorer.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else - but when I go to veganbodybuilding.com in IE, it always freezes up. The site comes up perfect for me though in Firefox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Will, thanks for the heads up.

I know there is a lot on the front page and that could cause it to freeze. I don't know much about websites, my friend Khan does the technical work, but I'll look into it.

The layout is much better on Internet Explorer, and looks quite funny on FireFox but I don't know how to change it.

I will look into some of those things.

Thanks,

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:18 pm 
Elephant

FYI, it's the Java Script that is freezing it up in IE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:19 pm 
Elephant

Forgot to mention, Front Page can add a lot of excess coding, but really won't effect IE, just takes up more bandwidth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, I don't even know what those terms mean! :oops: hehe, I'll have to pass that along to my website buddy.

Thanks for the tips!

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:36 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
Wow, I don't even know what those terms mean! :oops: hehe, I'll have to pass that along to my website buddy.

Thanks for the tips!

Robert

Front Page is a program to make websites hehe.