wheatgrass make you sick?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Ravi
Manatee

wheatgrass make you sick?

#1 Postby Ravi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:29 pm

I love Jamba Juice, and try to get a few shots of wheatgrass per week .Things is, the stuff makes me sick! I know people say it is "detox" but I am sick having to detox for this long...

other people have this issue with wheatgrass? It is getting to the point where even thinking of wheatgrass makes me sick (literally).

Kathryn
Elephant

#2 Postby Kathryn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:46 pm

According to www.dynamicgreens.com , it may not be detox at all, but the presence of molds (of course, they are a commercial site, selling their own flash-frozen, outside-grown wheatgrass juice...which by the way tastes delish!...so they have a reason to diss other manufacturers' grass.

veganpotter

#3 Postby veganpotter » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:06 pm

I've never had a problem but the person who gave me my first shot(owner of the wonderful cafe LIQUID EARTH) said men have taken one and felt fine at lunch/dinner then when the stand up they've just collapsed...he said its happened a few time over the past 15yrs. I feel good when I take a shot but I guess its a little too much...that seems to pretty much never be a problem with women...goes to show men aren't as tough as they thing they are if they can get knocked down by a small glass of green liquid

Crystal
VBB Powerlifter

#4 Postby Crystal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Ya, I've only tried wheatgrass once and I was so sick I couldn't move from the bathroom floor for the rest of the day :oops: . I haven't gotten the nerve to try it since.

CollegeB
Elephant

#5 Postby CollegeB » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Ive had wheatgrass a time or two and have never been sick from it.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”