wheatgrass make you sick?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

wheatgrass make you sick?

#1 Postby Ravi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:29 pm

I love Jamba Juice, and try to get a few shots of wheatgrass per week .Things is, the stuff makes me sick! I know people say it is "detox" but I am sick having to detox for this long...

other people have this issue with wheatgrass? It is getting to the point where even thinking of wheatgrass makes me sick (literally).

#2 Postby Kathryn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:46 pm

According to www.dynamicgreens.com , it may not be detox at all, but the presence of molds (of course, they are a commercial site, selling their own flash-frozen, outside-grown wheatgrass juice...which by the way tastes delish!...so they have a reason to diss other manufacturers' grass.

#3 Postby veganpotter » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:06 pm

I've never had a problem but the person who gave me my first shot(owner of the wonderful cafe LIQUID EARTH) said men have taken one and felt fine at lunch/dinner then when the stand up they've just collapsed...he said its happened a few time over the past 15yrs. I feel good when I take a shot but I guess its a little too much...that seems to pretty much never be a problem with women...goes to show men aren't as tough as they thing they are if they can get knocked down by a small glass of green liquid

VBB Powerlifter

#4 Postby Crystal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Ya, I've only tried wheatgrass once and I was so sick I couldn't move from the bathroom floor for the rest of the day :oops: . I haven't gotten the nerve to try it since.

#5 Postby CollegeB » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Ive had wheatgrass a time or two and have never been sick from it.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”