Who takes Vega?

robert

Hello everyone!

Some of you might not be aware of simple actions that go a long way in supporting this website.

I fund it all myself and it can get expensive at times with the tours and promotions, give-aways and programs, and paying those who help run and maintain the website. I want to inform you of ways you can contribute to this wonderful resource by doing things you already do.

Here are some easy ways to support this forum and http://www.veganbodybuilding.com:

1. If you already use Vega products, please consider ordering from any of the 4 stores I work with. When these stores order from Vega, I get commission. I've been working with Vega for 6 years and these days I get commission from 4 online accounts, as part of my work in online sales. When you order from the following stores, not only are you supporting me, but you're supporting stores who have done a lot to support this website and in most cases, have done a lot for the vegan movement too.

Vegan Essentials - http://www.veganessentials.com

Food Fight Vegan Grocery - http://www.foodfightgrocery.com

Vegan Proteins - http://www.veganproteins.com

Bodybuilding.com - http://www.bodybuilding.com

2. When you click on our Vegan Essentials banners on the main website or the forum, and then make a purchase from http://www.veganessentials.com, they give us 5% back on the order! Vegan Essentials has been supporting http://www.veganbodybuilding.com in this way for years. Now that you know, please consider shopping from their website.

3. Order a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing item from me directly or from http://www.veganessentials.com or http://www.veganproteins.com. Represent our brand in your community while helping keep the website and forum going strong. We offer t-shirts, tank tops, muscle shirts, gym bags, headbands, wristbands, women's shorts, and other items. See our online store for listings: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=products

4. Order a copy of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet from http://www.veganessentials.com, http://www.veganproteins.com or Amazon.com. All of those methods help support this website by getting the book out to more people. Here is a link to the Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuilding-Fitness-Robert-Cheeke/dp/0984391606/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294575050&sr=8-1-spell

5. Post links to our website, our forum, articles, your training journal, etc. on your Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and other social media websites.

6. Tell others about this website and this community and invite others to join the forum.

7. Ask me for a 10% OFF coupon code for a 1 time use at Vegan Essentials. I have 10% Off codes for you to save, and part of that sale comes back to http://www.veganbodybuilding.com too. Email [email protected] for your coupon code.

Thank you so much. I am very grateful for your involvement in this movement!

Your support means a lot.

-Robert Cheeke

[email protected]

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/163158_1712761412985_1056650054_1930467_2217521_n.jpg

Edited by robert

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 30-34 scoops in the $60 tub (2 scoops per serving but most, including Brendan just use 1 scoop at a time).

There are 14-16 scoops in the $35 tub (again 2 scoops per serving).

So, they can last a while if you just use one scoop each time.

Either way, you'll be getting a bunch of powder packs and bars, and other bonus stuff related to Vega, Vegan Bodybuilding, and Veganism.

www.myvega.com for general info

And http://store.foodfightgrocery.com/healthysnacks.html to order directly.

It is great to be supporting Food Fight! I'm at Chad's (the owner) birthday party as I type this. There are about 100 vegans at Pirate's Tavern all hanging out. It kinda rocks!

Thanks for supporting them, Me, and Vega.

Hey Robert! I trust you, man. I just went to the Food Fight site and ordered a small tub of natural flavored vega protein powder to try out. I had not heard of it until I checked out this site a couple of days ago, and to my knowledge Vega is not available in Bend and certainly not in Sisters. The best health food store, family owned, not big box, is called Nature's. I have been shopping there for 19 years!

I am looking forward to trying Vega products! Excited even!

Thanks for all you are doing for us and for our planet!

John

Thanks John!

I am working on getting Vega Available in Bend soon too. It's all over Portland, Eugene, Corvallis, and some other places in Oregon. We're all over the place in general and I'm working on expanding it in Oregon.

It is one of the best health powders out there.

Here is some info off the website:

Guiding Principles

Quite often the simplest solution is the best one. Over the past 50 years, however, our Western culture has managed to complicate matters concerning diet and its relation to health. Obesity and malnourishment exist simultaneously while the over-consumption of calorie-rich but nutrient-poor foods drain our energy. To make matters worse, we treat obesity with drugs and fad diets and combat fatigue with refined carbohydrates, sugar and caffeine. These are short-term solutions that eventually render us energy depleted, over-stimulated, chronically stressed and vulnerable to illness and premature aging.

So what can we do to address this problem? Today, many health experts believe the solution is to consume primarily plant-based whole foods; pure and simple as nature intended. Whole foods support all the requirements of a healthy body system, from absorption to elimination.

The challenge with whole foods has always been their relative inconvenience to prepare, compared to the gamut of fast food offerings so readily available to us. Born of the belief that one should not have to compromise between whole food goodness and fast food convenience, Vega was created with the following principles in mind:

Plant-based whole foods are the true future of optimal health

"Eat your fruits and vegetables." This is one of the most tried and true recommendations for a healthy diet. Plant-based foods are rich in antioxidants, essential vitamins and minerals, enzymes, fiber and phytonutrients. Countless studies support their many health benefits, including lowered risk for certain cancers, stroke, heart disease and high blood pressure. Vega is made exclusively from plant-based whole foods.

Raw, alkalinizing foods are the best defense against illness and disease

In stark contrast to processed food, raw plant-based whole foods foster an alkaline environment within the body, an ideal platform upon which optimal health can be built. The main cause of all illness and disease stems from the disruption of pH balance in the body. Raw, alkaline foods help neutralize acid in our diet to promote healthy pH balance. Vega is slightly alkaline (pH of 7.2), similar to human blood (pH 7.4).

Nutrient density is more important than calories

Once the body is supplied with the nourishment it needs, cravings will cease. Consuming nutrient dense whole foods is a healthy way to naturally reduce caloric intake resulting in the creation of a stronger, leaner body. Vega is very nutrient dense, yet low in calories.

Food should provide energy, not drain it

Ease of assimilation is a key benefit of wholesome, natural food. The less energy the body must spend on digestion and assimilation, the more it will retain. Enzyme rich to conserve energy upon digestion, Vega offers superior net energy gain.

Food should energize through nourishment, not stimulation

Refined foods, sugar and caffeine ‘lend’ temporary energy by stimulating the adrenal glands, creating a brief increase in energy levels but eventually resulting in fatigue. Vega contain an ideal balance of essential fatty acids, fiber and low glycemic carbohydrates to provide a constant, enduring supply of energy through nourishment, not stimulation, resulting in improved performance, mental clarity and enhanced ability to burn body fat.

Avoid common allergens to reduce food sensitivities

Many people, whether they know it or not, have sensitivities to foods that are abundant in the modern diet; commonly resulting in headaches, mild flu-like symptoms, low energy, and difficulty shedding body fat. Clean and green, Vega is free of most common allergens including artificial sweeteners, corn, dairy, gluten, soy, wheat and yeast.

It is possible to grow a younger body

Regular exercise to break down body tissue, coupled with premium, whole food nutrition to rebuild it is what keeps us biologically young. Depending on activity level, six to eight months from now your body will have regenerated almost all of its tissue at the cellular level. It will literally be made up of what you eat between now and then. Supply your body with premium building blocks such as those found in Vega and the result can literally be a healthier, younger body.

Features & Benefits

Formulated by Brendan Brazier, vegan, professional Ironman triathlete and best-selling author on performance nutrition, Vega is made exclusively from natural plant-based whole foods.

A synergistic collection of Brendan’s favorite plant-based superfoods, Vega is not only a complete meal replacement, but also an ideal daily health-optimizing supplement.

High in fiber, protein and essential fatty acids, Vega is naturally filling and satisfying, helping to reduce appetite and cravings. Each serving of Vega supplies:

25g of Broad Spectrum Protein

* 40% of calories from protein, with all essential amino acids in ideal balance

* Alkaline forming, 35% raw protein with enzymes intact

* Protein sourced from hemp, yellow pea, brown rice, flax and chlorella

7g of Essential Fatty Acids

* 30% of calories from naturally occurring fats from whole foods

* EFA’s mostly in the form of hard to get Omega 3’s and zero trans fats

* EFA’s sourced from whole flax seed (not flax meal), hemp and chlorella

16g of Quality Carbohydrates

* 30% of calories from naturally occurring complex carbohydrates; no maltodextrin

* Naturally low glycemic index and no sugars or sugar derivatives added

* Carbohydrates sourced from hemp, flax, brown rice and maca

9g of Fabulous Fiber

* Contains both soluble and insoluble fiber

* Helps balance blood sugar, reduce insulin, improve elimination

* Fiber sourced from hemp, flax, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) and chlorella

Full Serving of ChlorEssence (High CGF Chlorella)

* Rich in protein, chlorophyll and nucleic acids DNA & RNA

* Cleanse, nourish, rejevenate cells and activate, support immune system

* Special cell wall fiber binds to and removes heavy metals and other toxins from the body

Full Serving of MacaSure (Organic Gelatinized Maca)

* Rich in alkaloids, glucosinolates, minerals and sterols

* Increase energy, reduce stress, balance hormones, improve libido

* Gelatinization enhances potency and ease of digestion/absorption

Mixed Berry Complex (ORAC 800 blend)

* Great source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals

* Helps defend against free radical damage

Probiotics (Dairy-free)

* Beneficial form of bacteria

* Helps maintains healthy intestinal flora

Digestive Enzymes

* Facilitates breakdown of food to improve absorption

* Helps reduce nutritional stress digestion places on the body

24 Vitamins & Minerals

* All essential minerals present in easily absorbable form (HVP Chelate)

* All essential vitamins present in natural form

With just 240 calories and 7g of net carbs per serving (natural flavor), Vega is an excellent choice for those on a calorie-reduced diet. High in fiber, protein and essential fats, Vega is naturally filling and satisfying, helping to suppress appetite and cravings.

Easily digested, alkaline and great-tasting, Vega is clean and green, containing no animal products, corn, dairy, egg, fillers, gluten, soy, sugar, wheat or yeast. Absolutely no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners and GMO and pesticide-free.

Vega is available in wholesome and delicious Natural, Berry and Chocolate flavors, in three sizes: individual 20g Snack Packs, small bottles containing 7-8 servings and large bottles containing 15-17 servings. One serving of Vega is a complete meal, exceeding all meal replacement requirements, but people with smaller appetites may find half a serving sufficiently satiating.

Each serving of Vega contains a full dose of MacaSure and ChlorEssence!

I might order some this weekend(or my parents might cause i'm a cheapo and i have no money).

Hey robert, there's a store in my little old college town run by vegans/vegetarians. They said they could order me vega any time i want some but they don't stock it. If i gave them your information or vice versa, do you think that would help? I'd love to have it on the shelf there although i'm thinking about ordering through them as well.

I think i'll get some of the cheaper stuff this weekend, but after that i'm buying local.

Yeah, let me know, or put them in touch with me. I may be able to set them up with a good deal. I'm about supporting local places as well (like what I'm doing here to support Food Fight! and keep them busy). I think Vega is one of their hottest products in the whole store!

But yeah, get some from Food Fight, I'll hook you up majorly and we'll work on getting it in your local store.

Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for the information, Robert! It would be great to have Vega products available in Bend! I drive in there once a week now, to Nature's, for all of my food. there isn't anything really healthy out here in Sisters yet.

I've been doing protein shakes with a small organic frozen banana and 2 scoops of Super Green Pro 96 about an hour or two after my workout in the morning. Can't wait to try Vega!

This site is the best thing for lonely vegan weightlifters in Sisters!

John

Great, thanks John!

I drove through Sisters when we filmed our Vegan Fitness documentary. We filmed part of 'Vegan Fitness Built Naturally' in Bend.

www.veganfitnessteam.com

Lovely over there!

----

Hey, just a reminder to everyone. Once you order from Food Fight! please PM me or e-mail me with your mailing address and I'll ship out a special package to you directly.

Thanks!

Just a few months back there were NO stores in Oregon that carried Vega & NOW there are over a dozen. Within a few more months or even less time, you'll likely see Vega at every major natural foods store in the state but your help is needed!

For all of you folks who would like to see Vega products carried in your local stores - please ASK THEM for it! Get your friends to ask too. Most stores are very responsive to customer requests for products, esp. when a lot of folks keep asking.

Thanks again guys. I already have your packages prepared and they will be sent off today.

We appreciate the support. Feel free to spread the word. Members of this forum will be treated to great bonsus for supporting great companies (Vega, Food Fight!, and Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness). It is a great trio we've got working on this.

Enjoy the Vega!

Is the snack pack the same size as one of the 15-17 servings (~250 calories per servings) of the large meal-replacer? Or is it half the size?

The individual snack packs are 20grams = 1/3 of a serving. They are valued at $2.15-$2.99 each and I'm throwing in a bunch with each order. I'm also putting bars in each order (value at $3 each) and a bunch of other things.

So each 1/3 little pack would be about 8-10grams protein and 80-100 calories.

The best buy is the big tub. Big tub purchases also get the best prices.

Any order over $100 will also get some nice bonuses. Be sure to e-mail me what your order was, I'll confirm it with Food Fight! which is just down the road, and I'll send your package out.

Thanks!

Oh, cool. Just when I was thinking about maybe ordering some bars, you throw in a bit more temptation. Will do later today...

How might I convince some of the local health food stores to start carrying Vega? I haven't seen them anywhere in Houston - yet.

Hey Michelle,

Great to see you on here again more frequently. As for getting it in local stores. We're still totally new to the US, and basically you can just ask for it and they can contact the company for all the wholsale order forms, etc.

Or, if you have specific places in mind, give me their mailing address and I can send them all the info as well as samples.

Thanks!

And if you make an order of a whole box of bars, or one of the tubs of powder, e-mail me informing me and I'll just confirm things with Food Fight! and send a package of goodies off to you.

Food Fight! has really risen to the occasion! In addition to all the stuff I'm sending out, Food Fight! has agreed to take 10% off orders of two tubs or more. It's OK to get different flavors. Thank you for supporting Food Fight!

Everyone wins!