Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Glad to hear everything arrived already. Thanks again for the support. Enjoy the Vega!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:33 pm 
Elephant

Should i check my mail today?

Sure why not!!!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Lots of people have been recieving their packages so it will be out there anytime :) I sent it late yesterday, I think after the Post Office was closed so it probably didn't go out until today. I would think Friday or Saturday it will be in da house!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:53 pm 
Elephant

Phew, glad i read this before i left. :lol:

It's a whole 100 feet to the mail room at my school. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:14 pm 
Elephant

FormicaLinoleum wrote:
Ooo, I have been wanting to get some bars, so I'm gonna do it now. I was going to wait and just pick some up during our visit, but free goodies are too much to pass up! So now I will order one box now and pick up more when we are in Portland.

Wow--FoodFight had my order together in 2 hours! I'm impressed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:05 pm 
Mastodon

I recommend the bars to anyone. All of the flavors Robert sent me were great and soon enough I will start buying them.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:31 pm 
Gorilla

Zack wrote:
I recommend the bars to anyone. All of the flavors Robert sent me were great and soon enough I will start buying them.

I agree, they are all good. I also like that they are raw.
I couldn't decide which to buy, so I got a bunch of each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:30 am 
Manatee

I agree! ALL the bars are terrific! And I like that they do not contain any soy (I already get so much of it!) It appears that Hemp protein may be the better way to go. And I like that Vega is mixing several raw plant-based proteins together.

I've got to order some now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:41 am 
Elephant

OH man oh man, i'm taking the last of my chocolate Vega now in anticipation of my new shipment coming in!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:29 pm 
Elephant

I have a slightly embarassing question. I have been taking the Vega for about 6 tubs now (four months +). I love how it makes me feel. I have energy, feel full for at least two hours, and am putting on the muscle! But my flatulence has gotten so bad that I've had to back off (at least they don't smell :oops: ). I am experimenting with new ways to take it: with food instead of all by itself, cutting back on the serving size while increasing the amount of servings. Any other suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:03 pm 
Manatee

Just ordered 1 large tub of natural, 1 of berry, after tasting the samples Robert sent with my T-Shirt.
It may *seem* expensive, but at about $3.80 a serving, if it saves me 15 minutes in the morning or after a workout, that is money earned. Besides, it tastes great, like real food, better than just a powder.

I also love Nutiva hemp protein and Jarrow rice protein. And lots of other products. These are a few of my favorite things....

-Joel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Joel,

Thanks for getting some from Food Fight! I'll send out your bonus package on Monday.

I'm glad you like Vega. It seems to be pretty popular all throughout North
America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Gaia wrote:
I have a slightly embarassing question. I have been taking the Vega for about 6 tubs now (four months +). I love how it makes me feel. I have energy, feel full for at least two hours, and am putting on the muscle! But my flatulence has gotten so bad that I've had to back off (at least they don't smell :oops: ). I am experimenting with new ways to take it: with food instead of all by itself, cutting back on the serving size while increasing the amount of servings. Any other suggestions?

This is something a few of my friends and I have noticed. Even though Vega has digestive enzymes and digests quickly, it does seem to produce a bit of gas. I'm not sure why. I'll be working with Brendan (the formulator) here in Portland in 3 weeks and I can ask him about it.

I just had a large glass of Chocolate Vega :D and a Chocolate Vega Bar after my shoulder workout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:55 am 
Elephant

Gaia wrote:

Often, 'non-smelly' gas is produced by ingesting air: eating with one's mouth open, chewing gum, drinking through a straw, guzzling food down. The smelly stuff is caused by bacteria having a field day with stuff in the digestive tract.

Could you maybe be swallowing too much air?

I personally found that soy-protein-based smoothies were what was giving me extra gas, and when I changed to rice/pea and the vega, I didn't have the problem.

It's normal to pass a certain amount of gas (something around 13 times per day? also measurable in gallons, but I forget how many: 1-2), and John Robbins has said it can help prevent colon cancer (not so sure about that one myself).

If it's not smelly, then I assume it's the sound that's the problem? If so, try to relax rather than clench up and work against it.

(Oh, my, I'm giving FART ADVICE!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:30 pm 
Elephant

I did find that the first time I had Vega powder it gave me some serious gas! I have had it couple of time since, and haven't had that problem. I don't know if it's related to what I had with it or not--first time I just had it in some juice but the other times I had a full smoothie with almond milk, banana, and blueberries.

I got my thank you package, Robert! Thanks! I appreciate the powder packets, as I was hoping to try the powder. I'll probably buy a canister from Food Fight when we are out there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next