Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:34 pm 
Stegosaurus

madcat wrote:
Also your body is still working even when you’re sleeping, although at a much slower rate, it still need fuel. If you don’t give it what it needs it will start to brake down your fat and muscles.

I agree. Many people, especially when trying to lose weight, will tell you to not eat anything shortly before bed time because you will store it as fat.

But I think that you should NEVER go to bed hungry, especially if you are very physically active or work out. The night time is when your body repairs the damage you have done in the gym or on the track or wherever. It needs fuel to do so - it even needs fuel for simple bodily functions like madcat suggests. So you need to make sure it has that fuel. That is NOT to say have a 6 course meal before you go to bed. But simply ensure that if you feel like you are "empty or low on the fuel" and it is nearing bedtime, have a healthy, balanced snack like a shake or something (and I dont mean a 100 calorie shake either :shock: . I mean a snack!!!).

The best way, from my own personal experience, to avoid getting hungry late at night, or at any point in the day, is to make sure that you are eating small, balanced meals every 2 to three hours. This is a great way to keep you blood suger stable, reduce cravings and hunger, and to keep your metabolism revved all day and night!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

I feel hungry before i go to bed, and then i tell myself 'well i'll have something small and it'll go away'. So i eat whatever, but then I am just as hungry. So I eat something else. But not satisfied, etc. It never goes away at night, so I am always hungry to an extent. I can force myself not to eat, that isn't a problem to do so, but I don't know if it's productive. Maybe my eating habits during the day suck more than I thought, I will experiment with frequency of mealtimes I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:27 pm 
Gorilla

Richard wrote:
V VII Hero wrote:
im always hungry at night and it keeps me awake.

Would you advise me to do the same, to just deal with being hungry and go without food after a certain time at night?

I am in no position to advise. but I know I try to eat at least an hour before going to bed (sometimes directly before bed), and I am still hungry. Its my fast metabolism. im always eating. i wouldnt advise starving yourself before going to bed.

if youre trying to lose weight and you dont want to eat something before bed, try a light nutritional snack like carrots or something light calorie protein.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

V VII Hero wrote:
if youre trying to lose weight and you dont want to eat something before bed, try a light nutritional snack like carrots or something light calorie protein.

ahoyyyyyy matey, ahrrrrrr I think I can do that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, for all my concerned acolytes, here is the update: I have been eating more often, although I dislike doing that because I worry that I will put on weight :( also I have been drinking protein shakes which I hadn't been doing. Now it's 12:46am here, and I don't feel starving like I normally do. I could eat something, I probably will eat something small before bed time. But things are a bit better now. Still not hungry in the mornings grr, which is when I logically feel that I should be eating more. But it's okay.