Im little and would like to get bigger

LukeTaLife

I did the same...I supplemented with everything I could and it helped me but I think in the long run it lowered my ultimate potential as a strength athlete...I should have waited a while

Forget supplements.

Train smart and eat plenty of good food. You don't need to worry about supplements until you've had at least three productive years of training. As a beginner you have the advantage of fast gains, no (legal) supplement can give you that.

Agreed

Use the first few years to your advantage.

Is there a difference between eating one pound of Tofu and drinking a large soy protein shake? I'm saying this because the reason I've incorporated protein shakes into my nutrition routine is because they've given me greater liberty on what to cook. Instead of going for nuts/legumes/Tofu/whatever all the time I can just skip the protein part of the meal and focus on vegetables and carbs. Feel free to tell me I'm stupid, but that's the way it works for me.

I've wondered the same thing although i try and get just as much protein from foods as i do from shakes.

I agree with the no supplements. I take two right now and i'd like to just cut down to one(glucosamine) or stay and too and have glucosamine and creatine(no glutamine). I'd also like to not take any protein shakes except for one vega a day but...

A. i don't have enough money for that much vega right now

B. i don't have a kitchen and my cafeteria is dumb(even though i do get good choicese, i'd rather have more simple things with lots of protein/carbs)

The downside to the shakes is that they are protein isolate. It really caused a lot of stomach upset for me. And we've talked about the health aspects of hainvg too much soy isolate in your body. You might start running into problems with glands and things like that. I never experienced any of that though. Maybe Rob has noticed a difference from taking more vega than soy isolates.

I've taken a lot of everything as a non-vegan...and a bit as a vegan and the only thing that wasn't all that great was whey. It helped when I took it but I felt so much better when I stopped...I never experienced troubles with soy protein isolate and I used to use it like crazy.